Ender Dragon Not Spawning

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Hoops_McCann, Sep 7, 2017.

1. I just went to the waste end world on SMP9 in an attempt to battle the ender dragon and gather some dragon's breath for lingering potions. When I placed four end crystals at the end portal to respawn the dragon as I have done several times before there was no activity of any kind.

I then approached to try and figure out what was going on and the crystals suddenly exploded, killing me and blowing my set of god armor and 3 shulker boxes into the end portal to be lost forever along with other gear I had in tow.

Not happy about this. Have the ender dragon respawning mechanics changed in some way of which I am unaware?
  2. The end crystals need to go in the edges, as shown here:

Did you put them on the corners?
  3. They were placed exactly as you have shown, not on the corners.
  4. Interesting. Did you take note of your /ping and the server /tps at the time?
  5. I did not but I have not had any issues with lag since I first logged on around 90 minutes ago.
  6. sorry to hear about this D: would you like some dragons breath? i can give you a sc for free.
    Hoops_McCann likes this.
  7. I have enough to suit my immediate needs. I was trying to build some bulk supply for tipped arrows and also lost about a single chest worth of glass bottles I had along with me for just that purpose.

Thanks anyway.
  8. Might be a server side issue, send a PM to Aikar and get his thoughts on it.
  9. looks like you got a lawsuit on your hands
    jossytheninja likes this.
  10. I believe you can retrieve items in th portal if you jump in from what I}I remember items can not go through portals.
  11. Just went the end to check entcount because that has been an issue in the past - entcount was fine so I spawned a dragon and killed it.... :( Not sure whats goin on
  12. Did you go to the waste end world on SMP9 specifically? The center column in the middle of the portal which forms after the dragon is killed normally is composed of three blocks as demonstrated in this picture.

Before I blew up I noticed that the SMP9 waste end world portal column had a gap with the middle block of the bedrock column missing. I don't know if that means anything at all but it's the only thing I observed out of the ordinary other than what I've already mentioned.
  13. Whoops, thought for certain I was in the waste, checking that one now, cant spawn the dragon. No entcount issues. Ill see if I can fix it
  14. Ok, something all weird happened, there were two portals on top of each other o.o

I fixed it, left the dragon for you to kill if you like :)
    Hoops_McCann likes this.
  15. Good to know it wasn't just me.It still doesn't explain why the crystals exploded but the simplest explanation would probably be an inadvertent click on my part.

I won't be in front of my gaming PC for awhile so I'm sure the dragon will be long gone by then. Any way I can get 15-20 stacks of bottled dragon's breath instead since that particular loss I incurred wasn't related in any way to player error?
  16. I don't have any dragon's breath but I can logon and give you any empty bottles I have in my storage. I don't ever use them, so you are welcome to them.
  17. To my knowledge staff doesn't refund any stuff lost due to incidents such as this, but I know a group which sometimes tries to help players who are down on their luck. There are some caveats here of course, the emphasis lies on helping players get back up to speed, not about regaining personal wealth (I know it might sound vague).

Anyway, I'll see what we can do to refund / replace the god armor, 3 (empty) shulker boxes and the 4 end crystals. If we have some breath left overs I'll also send some of that your way, but don't expect 15 stacks :D
    Hoops_McCann likes this.
  18. Don't worry about it, Shell. I was speaking in jest. I'm headed out to the end world right now to take care of business myself.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  19. It appears there are some bigger issues which need to be addressed. I got my dragon's breath and killed the ender dragon but when it died it created another malformed duplicate portal on top of the existing one just as before.

Note that the dragon head is in the middle of the column instead of on top. The new portal is functional with respect to teleporting back to the overworld.

ShelLuser and AncientTower like this.
  20. Yups, a known (vanilla) issue. Happens if you upgrade a world prior to 1.9 without the proper adjustments to the end portal. Guess staff has some work to do there.