End busting etiquette

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Nuttyknight42, Dec 11, 2020.

1. I was recently watch grian hermit craft end busting. I was wondering if there any etiquette smp in concerning end hunting?

One thing I thought is if you raid a end city, take it down.

What are some of your thoughts?
  2. If I raid a city I make it obvious iv been there so others know iv been there
    Fred_TWK and 607 like this.
  3. Don't take the elytra in a city and leave the shulkers... :mad:
  4. Is this ok?

liamwill, UltiPig, Fred_TWK and 7 others like this.
  5. yes
    Nuttyknight42 likes this.
  6. I assume these are for waste end.
    I have been to the end.... thinking I need to pop out and see a little more farther out.

Taking notes - tell me more.

For instance, I didn't know you could use chorus fruit as a food source if you run out there.
    607 likes this.
  7. Nice. :D

I hadn't considered this issue before. I wonder how many people use some way of indicating looting! Not many, I expect.
  8. No; the waste end is useless for end hunting except for a few weeks after a reset due to its limited world border
    607 likes this.
  9. I realize I have no etiquette.

hm.
    607 likes this.
  10. isn't hunting in the wild not allowed since its basicly the same as mining for resources?

And i was hunting a few weeks ago and there where plenty in the end wilds you just need to be lucky lol
    LindenNZ likes this.
  11. I and several dozen other people have been doing it for ages with no consequence. I think only like a total of two people even have wild end bases, so what else would be even done out in the wild end? :p
    607 likes this.
  12. The main issue (as far as I know) with mining in the frontier is that it leaves ugly and annoying strip mining tunnels under the ground, I don't think anyone actually cares if the ores underground are preserved or not.

Whereas end busting, you can just target the end cities without tearing up the whole end landscape.
    607, Ethy202 and wafflecoffee like this.
  13. Yeah I suppose
  14. If you take the elytra and leave the shulkers you should be kicked out of end busting :mad:
    Fred_TWK likes this.
  15. Fine mac I just remove the building and leave all the loot in the air!
  16. I don't have a standardized busting etiquette but try to make it obvious. The approach depends on what materials I have plentiful (as my echest is reconfig'd for specifically busting, and contains only shulks so if I decide to do a multi-day bust then I can).

- I'll always strip a city of the elytra/dragon head/all shulks and 99% of the time also all loot.
    - I'll pick one of the tallest buildings and place something like a big X of torches, build block easy to see from afar, or campfires. That way nobody needs to inspect to see if anything is left, there is clear signs it has.
    607 likes this.
  17. I take the End Rods down. Lets me know where I've been, when done the place is dark.
    Grimm_Pantalones and 607 like this.
  18. World size is also an issue. To my understanding, this has to be less of an issue on EMC than elsewhere, but the size of the world file matters to certain operations, and having it really large makes the world more laggy. I feel like all the end exploring might have made the world file for the end rather large, making the end world more laggy than other worlds.

This is why going out 100K blocks to the frontier and doing stuff there is something I would also advice against, both for the end and for the overworld/nether, as going out that far, and roaming around there, makes the world file way larger than it should be :)

Anyway, this was a quick aside from me, go on :p