Empyrion Galactic Survival

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Roslyn, Aug 23, 2016.

1. The 5.0 update hit public today. All kinds of fantastic new features!
    -Character customization
    -HV drills
    -AI Vessels
    -New "civilian" POIs
    -New starter planet (new version of Masperon, "hard" survival start - old Masperon is now the moon for the new apparently?)
    -Trading Posts

Personally, I'm just thrilled I finally got something included in the 'official' game:

They're using a couple of my freighters for the AI vessels ^_^ yay.

A few weeks back, their CM Hummel invited me to join the EGS "Builders League" which is basically their own Build Team. Some really fantastic builds in the pipeline for inclusion, but sadly the two freighters are all I've contributed so far - I work slowly and I'm very detail-oriented with textures, so it takes me a long time to get anything done. That and... y'know, employment is a big time-sink too. *sigh*
    _Devuu__ and 607 like this.
  2. Wo0w congratz Keph! Maybe they will contact you for more models in future updates :) (they did this with a few others in the past, just look at the variation in past structures)

Edit: seeing the huge update. The wars will intensify on a server I play on occasionally. These new trading outpost will become targets for existing warp points from PVP Airspace. (the planets are spaced out purposely every update so you can't just warp to any orbit from any other orbits) I'll be siphoning resources into some people to seize control of these for sure.
    607, Kephras and fluffinator09 like this.
  3. I'll have more stuff in the game with future updates, no worries. Was just saying I work slow, so I couldn't get as much done for this update as I wanted. If I were quicker, I'd have gotten at least one Civilian outpost and a Trading Station done.
    607 likes this.

4. 0:34 :D They used the DaVinci in the update promo! So much glee.

PS: Game is on sale for $10. If you've been on the fence, now's the time to give it a try.
    607 and Roslyn like this.
  5. 5.1 Experimental Alpha Development Build is nearly finished and is nearing official release. If you play this game; Please go report bugs.

My fav additions from this is new lense flares from engine thrusters. Sound occlusion is slightly altered when viewing space craft from different views. and... PROMETHIUM ASTEROIDS!!!! No longer having to enter a hostile airspace of a planet to get that precious fuel component. also more atmospheric fog when entering planets as an added penalty for invading a world.
    Kephras likes this.
  6. 5.1 Alpha has now been out for a few days now. Been playing on the HWS network. I do hate the inevitability of having to move straight from a Starting Zone to a full on PVP airspace where greater empires may be camping waiting to shoot fresh spawns who have barely invented warp capabilities. In my opinion, that's pretty damn stupid and only benefits those who had the luxury of getting a head start from when the server first began. That being, said; some ass hats by in the WKN clan stole some pretty good loot from Freighters I had disabled. I wonder if its against the rules to box in another player's ship and slap a core on it in PvE airspace. That will get some attention.
    607 and Kephras like this.
  7. I have quit the Homeworld Empyrion server due to a bug that I was unable to get help with. Instant death on all 3 respawn options even when relogging. Admins refused to come see my problem as it was 'only to 1 player' and have their heads so far up their own ass in ego. Weeks of work gone essentially. Very frustrated.
    _Devuu__, 607, Kephras and 1 other person like this.
  8. 6.0 is a holocaust. None of the new features are worth it, and half of them are broken as hell. Abandon game.
  9. They seem to be taking the game into a direction that fits the play style of Space Engineers more. Only a matter of time before they take away blueprints and will require nano bots to construct ships.
  10. So they're talking release-candidates now in the experimental branch. It's gotten much better - I wouldn't use the term "holocaust" anymore - but one of the features they're integrating is weapon / armor durability, and despite overwhelmingly negative feedback, it seems like the current implementation is what they'll go live with at this point. This is incredibly baffling and frustrating.

... I wanted to love this game, but they're doing their damnedest to kill it. :(
    607 likes this.
  11. They probs just dont wanna update it anymore and trying to get ppl to hate it and not look back on it.
  12. Well... 6.0+ has been out for a while (Actually 6.6.1 at the moment) and I finally got around to updating Angelspire for "airtight" compliance. Now fully oxygenated and suitable for survival play again.

I still miss the old metallics and gold color though. Maybe if I continue shouting loudly enough, they'll finally listen. They've added a new "emissive" glow-texture (you can see it in use there), and the CM Hummel did say it was on the to-do list... I can only hope the wait is worth it.
    607 and Roslyn like this.
  13. Guys. Guysguysguysguys... guess what?

SHINY. METAL.

Shortly after I posted the above, they started working on metallic textures, and I gotta say I am loving it so much.
    Now that 6.7 has hit the Public branch, I can upload stuff again. Like the new Argentspire ^
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1118972100
    Roslyn, 607 and _Devuu__ like this.
  14. As of the Experimental branch for 7.2, two of my best works are joining the game as stock prefabs :)
    Argentspire above is one of them. The other, the SV luxury yacht Aetheria:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1173844896

I'm especially pleased by the Aetheria - the developers contacted me personally to request a version they could include with the game. ^_^
    607, Roslyn and _Devuu__ like this.
  15. yeee! PythonWorks must be jealous!
    Kephras likes this.
  16. Cool! :)
    Do they do this more often? It's something I haven't seen a lot. I guess Minecraft Realms does it, too.
    Kephras likes this.
  17. They've got a fairly good variety of stock designs already, so I'm not entirely sure what reasoning they use when selecting new ones at this point. All I can say for certain is that the Aetheria impressed them enough to request a version of it they could add to the game.
    607 likes this.
  18. it doesn't look clunky like pythonworks
    Kephras likes this.