Empire tekkit?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by finnis00, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oh and i wouldnt go trying and finding a tekkit server. when i did taht way back when literally all of them had outrageous vote-bonus's that made everyone overpowered and or OP. it was insane. never doing that again.
  2. Overpowered == OP. OverPowered. 'OP'
  3. No ones closed this yet?...
  4. No reason too.
    imBobertRobert likes this.
  5. Normally they close them. Oh well. *do not receive alerts from this thread*
  6. /lockthread
  7. /FixBrokenSignature
  8. No reason for this thread to be locked, it's a legitimate suggestion.
    The point of a gaming community like this is to create the best possible gameplay experience for as wide an audience as possible, and the fact that so many requests are being made means there is a very eager potential audience here whose demands are not being met.
    The whole 'stick to vanilla' thing might work for our core community, the ones that play the most, but it doesn't work for everyone. Approaches need to be varied in order for the userbase to grow and for the community to be as vibrant and successful as possible.
    I put in the 'Gain a LOT of respect' segment in my walkthrough on how to get a Tekkit server because if there's enough people lobbying for it, you should all be getting Tekkit servers as part of EMC. Right now, EMC caters to the primary Minecraft audience, the average vanilla survival multiplayer players. To grow, we'll need to cater to not only the growing Tekkit audience, but to the freebuild sector, the hardcore sector (already planned in dystopia), the game sector (hunger games, survival games etc.), the Skyblock sector, the RPG sector and the Prison sector.
    And I propose out of all of those, we should firstly do what is clearly the most requested; Tekkit. At the end of the day, sticking to vanilla definitely works for the SMP brand of servers, but not when it comes to branching out. The categories I mentioned could create 70 new servers over time, if we give each genre 9 mainstream servers and a supporter server. That's probably more than any other community in the Minesphere, and that's something we should strive to achieve.
  9. And what you might not realise is that this has been suggested many times.
    If the person did this right they would have searches the forums beforehand and seen the DOZENS of threads.
    penfoldex likes this.
  10. Fair point, I was just saying we can't be so quick to completely rule it out as that would be a huge opportunity missed.
  11. It has never been ruled out, I believe Aikar has marked it out as definite possibility in the not so near future.
    And there is nothing to stop you from starting out your own unofficial tekkit server for the community.
  12. Except how I can't get my head around Tekkit or even basic minecraft servers, of course :p
  13. /FixSignature
    Wait you have none :p
  14. what's the point if these servers are tekkit, does this really matter
  15. it would be cool if they had one separate server for tekkie thats exactly the same but no purchase vault and no economy therefore not recking the other smp1's
  16. other SMP1's?
  17. meant other smp's with out the 1 :D
  18. lol Guess not :p
    nfell2009 likes this.
  19. Because no one has said this before, definitely not 10 times before (like everyone else did lol),

OMG Y U SUGGEST THIS? This has been suggested so many times before.

No but guys, no need to tell him how many times it's been suggested because he's probably new and didn't know. Tell him why not and don't be so cruel D:

...and congratulations Josh for completely dominating this thread :3
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.