Empire Status Update - 1/27/14

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Will there still be the option that mods have of hosting a bring your own stuff MA? I think those ones are great ways to use up a lot of items, and current MAs stimulate businesses.
    Pab10S likes this.
  2. Agreed, the MA's are a way to sort of balance the economy if the winner doesnt sell all his winnings
    FDNY21 likes this.
  3. I was surprised that smp3 was filled lol
  4. Wait, did I hear wrong? Smp3 was near full!? Where was that when I lived on smp3? :eek:
  5. I am working to figure out when most of you "other worldly" peoples are online to make some events convenient.
    607, mba2012, supereskimo and 3 others like this.
  6. Thanks for the update Aikar. P.s try to get some more events for British people at reasonable events. Bit unfair at ... Thanks.
    607 likes this.
  7. It has been mentioned several times in the lengthy, two page long thread that they are trying to get events up for the non-Americans.
    607, PandasEatRamen and Gadget_AD like this.
  8. Last weekend was weird on SMP3 after spending an entire year on a virtually empty server.
  9. I think 50 for Diamond is a bit to much for your the boss here so :p
  10. I know right. Yet when I was on for about a year, there were a max of 10 people on at a time... :l
    DrewRadio likes this.
  11. I completely agree with you and Drew. It makes the community a lot nicer there, and now I'm a PROUD smp3 resident.
    DrewRadio likes this.
  12. Thanks for the update Aikar, loving all the updates and bug fixes.
  13. I have even come to Smp3 more often :p
  14. Good work Aikar. keep it up. all the changes have helped me say in the empire for over 800 days (As someone pointed out to me yesterday) and the more you bring out the longer other people will say.
    So keep it up and cant wait to see what else you have planned for this glorious empire
  15. This may not be appropriate for this thread, but I feel like making it in it's own thread is unnecesary.

People who complain about losing their stuff in mob arena because they are "unprepared" or just not the greatest at mob arena causing an arena where you have preset classes is ridiculous.

Mob arena on our server is special, I can play on any other MA server if I wanted to play with classes and that's why I like the EMC arena because there is actually creativity and skill required in them. I hope that the regular arena is going to be kept otherwise that would be very upsetting. Mob arena doesn't require much skill, even I have won a few times and I'm TERRIBLE, it doesn't require much gear unless you are very determined, and it's randomized in the fact that if you get attacked by mobs, or attacked by the lag. If you don't like losing your stuff then don't play?

Aikar can you clarify on what is happening to mob arena as a whole?
    SkyDragonv8 likes this.
  16. I agree. Here is what I think should happen:

2 Mob Arena Games/Rounds
    • Everybody gets the same items and stuff
    • No supplied items
  17. NO!
    I hate that idea. Everyone should bring their own stuff and use their skill. Nothing supplied.
    QuarterStop and SkyDragonv8 like this.
  18. Some people never get the win for some obvious reasons. I think that it gives everybody a chance to win Mob Arena and may encourage more new players to join.
  19. I think he meant those are two separate types. I am likely wrong though.
    I endorse this.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  20. Wonderful!