Empire Staff Application (outdated)

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Maxarias, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You will never find my soul I have it hidden somewhere safe.
  2. Oh foolish player, don't you know. We know where all your souls are. Safe yes, stored away ready for harvesting into soul cubes upon your joining the green team. I predict a very productive harvest this round. :)
    607 and QuarterStop like this.
  3. I knew I should have hid it better
  4. you all out of luck, i already traded my soul for rupees. So you cant take away what I don't have
    muahahahha
    StarRock13 likes this.
  5. I still wonder how they know where we hid our souls
  6. What if a certain player (not me) started the staff app and got bored and made Belgium waffles, scrambled eggs, french fries, fought a cheeta, and captured bigfoot and when he came back that staff app was updated when he turned it in.

Wat then?
    supereskimo and wkramer79 like this.
  7. They miss their chance. If they truly were staff material, they could easily have balanced doing all those activities while actively completing their staff app. Obviously ill equipped to handle the rigors of being staff.

In fact, that is basically how we screen staff once their app is accepted. It's basic staff boot camp material right there.
    Kyzoy, 607, shaunwhite1982 and 6 others like this.
  8. going to be seeing a lot of new faces this round :D
    hashhog3000 and FDNY21 like this.
  9. Good luck to everyone who applies. I sense a new wave of green. :rolleyes:
  10. Good luck to all! I have a feeling a ton of staff are going to come through this time around, and I hope that all who make it have a great time! :D
    BTHarrold98 and FDNY21 like this.
  11. ...
  12. Too bad i already loaned it to someone else....
    Silken_thread likes this.
  13. I have no doubt as a person you would feel that way, you and many others may be very mature for your age and I believe Max did not stipulate an age limit only that they would prefer applicants to be above the age of 16 that was all.

I do agree though that age is not necessarily representative of maturity, however it does help. As an older person does have more experience of life etc and I think this is more what Max was getting at.
    HxCami10 likes this.
  14. One of the great things about EMC is the maturity of it's staff. It's one of the the first things I noticed and liked about the server when I first logged in. Maturity is a difficult thing to explain. IMO, there are two words I'd use to explain maturity: "respect" and "admire". AKA "look up to".
    And if you believe those words can apply to an individual, then they most likely have the quality of 'maturity'. Age != maturity, but it often leads to maturity. It is very rare for a young person (of say < 16 years) to possess the quality of maturity, but it's not impossible. :)

Maturity is the ability to process bad situations calmly and proactively.
    Maturity is the ability to work through a bad situation so everyone comes out wiser and happier. (not always possible, but one can only try).
    Maturity is the ability to not loose your cool when attacked/hurt by another, but rather identify the problem, and try to fix it.
    Umm..I dunno, what else is it? something about.. a monkey and a walking stick? I'm not sure.
    607, Luckypat, QuarterStop and 8 others like this.
  15. This is head on with what I think maturity is... I know that what they expect from us at my job (imma supervisor at fast food -_-)

+10 Interwebs for the NZScruffy!
  16. If anyone ever doubted nzscruffy as a good choice for staff, this post here (like many others) will make you put your foot in your mouth.
    Each staff is chosen by careful review. Just look at our current staff to see what we are looking for =)
    607, QuarterStop, mba2012 and 5 others like this.
  17. Akat, Fire, a Dragon, Hamsters, HAL 9000, a robotic Chicken, a Pirate, Vash the Stampede, Dude who shoots lasers from his mouth and countless other people from Anime and stuff.

No discrimination here!
  18. what if someone typed the staff application with their feet whilst conducting a 16 part orchestra? what then?
    Jcplugs and PandasEatRamen like this.
  19. Unless there was a Cheetah involved, you will not get accepted.
    cddm95ace likes this.
  20. Assuming the application is good. Welcome aboard, you have what it takes. And we could use someone with musical talent for the next Promo Video.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.