Empire Minecraft should to convert to MinecraftPE (Denied)

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Buildershed, Aug 24, 2017.

?

Agree or Disagree

I agree 1 vote(s) 2.1%
I disagree 38 vote(s) 79.2%
I HATE THIS POST, 100% GARANTEE FAKE ATTENTION ROBBER 9 vote(s) 18.8%
I love this post, this needs to happen 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Microsoft are not renaming Minecraft Java Edition to Minecraft Community Edition. They only just renamed it to Minecraft Java Edition.

While they are shifting focus from Minecraft Java Edition to "Minecraft" (the cross platform version with the Marketplace, running the Bedrock engine), they are not shutting down the Java edition any time soon.

The current server software for "Minecraft" is AWFUL - try playing on a minigame server on Windows 10/PE to see how it can be an impressively bad user experience - it's not the server's fault, just the platform hasn't had time to develop as much as the Java platform has.

Many EMC players (including Aikar) use non-Bedrock engine supported devices, such as Macs, or computers running Linux.

Also, urm, you can't just "convert the server" over. The two versions of Minecraft are coded in completely different languages, for a start.
  2. Thank you Jack for the clear up. :)
    Oriethet likes this.
  3. shhhh
    Oriethet likes this.
  4. Let's say, solely for the sake of argument, that it were true. So next week we'll be getting an announcement that after 1.13 comes out Mojang will "pause" development on the Java edition and instead focus their efforts on PE.

Why would that make you consider the Java edition to be dead?

It's not as if we suddenly wouldn't be able to play the game anymore. All that would happen is that we wouldn't be getting any new updates for quite a while. But other than that... Business as usual in my opinion.

Now, updates are cool and all (I really think Mojang is raising the bar with every release; the stuff which you can do with functions in 1.12 is mind blowing), but it's not the updates which keeps most players playing Minecraft.

I even dare to take this one step further: If Mojang were to do this then it wouldn't necessarily be the end but a new beginning for Minecraft Java edition. The beginning of the end for sure, but... there's more to it than that.

Sounds crazy?

If you're playing modded versions of Minecraft then what is the #1 problem which bothers developers? They have to keep up with the release cycle because if they don't then chances are high that players will simply move on. And even if they do manage to keep up to speed it always remains to be seen how well they're handling a new version. For example: custom advancements can be huge, you can do a whole lot more with those than merely handing out a badge of honor. Yet there are plenty of (server) plugins which, for one reason or the other, aren't as much "1.12 compatible" as they claim to be. Some even directly affect the way advancements are being handled, when you use those plugins then custom advancements will no longer automatically load and any progress is also lost.

And that's just one out of many examples where some developers have a hard time keeping up to speed.

Would Mojang indeed stop with the updates then sure... that would be sad news. But it could be very good news for the modding community because then they'll be able to fully focus on 1 specific version and continue working on their plugins without any risk that whatever they're doing could be nullified by Mojang at any given moment due to new updates in the system.

It would definitely be the beginning of the end, but it would probably still take plenty of time before players grow fully bored of Minecraft.
  5. I think this is a good idea, Minecraft PE is awesome
    BlitzAttack and Choongjae like this.
  6. Not true
    Would hate it
    I play on laptop so now keyboard to connect
    Hard with our awesome commands
    Just no........
    _Levy_McGarden_ likes this.
  7. This always get suggested, and guess what Staff always shut it down. I mean it's a eh an okay idea but just imagine all the coding for it.
  8. I think that no matter how hard Microsoft tries, even though the standard edition will be more popular as in having a larger player-base, the Java edition will be more popular as in being acclaimed by more people, and standing in a higher esteem.
    BlitzAttack and PetezzaDawg like this.
  9. no thanks pe sucks
  10. Jack!
    crafter31211 likes this.
  11. I'm really sorry... (even though I amn't the only one to say, I have some extra reasons (I think))
    I have been playing this very game for over 7 years now, and know about all mechanics there is to it, As far as I know the amount of aestetics blocks will also be changed, and next to that things like worldedit wouldn't work.
    But mainly the redstoneing, I mean, everything, but really EVERYTHING would break, even the most easy redstone contraption build now would break, wich isn't much fun...
    Also, I wouldn't even be able to join, I haven't got the mony for a playstation/whatever or a proper update to win.10 So, as far as I know, I also would need to leave EMC, and so many other people, I think. Wich isn't really a nice thing, To have been playing on a server for over five years, have had a supporter subscription for a large part of it, and then just having to leave, becuase you are less importand as new people joining...
    Also, I came up with a little proof of something Shelly assumed, that you will always be able to playy minecraft java as it is.
    Well, what if they would do that. Minecrosoft is a profit-based company, so, everything they do is based on getting profits. So, if they would, they would basically say that that would give them some more profit, so, if they do that, they assume that the people moving to the "normal" game, would give them more money as they give them now, by inviding friends and buying alts. So, making the move should cost money, or basically having the came should, with the a free x moths or so. There also is the option of letting people buy skins etc. to let them get you more money.
    But there also are people leaving minecraft becuase of this, I think this is a fairly large amount, but becuase I don't want to make any assumptions, let's say that that's the number n.
    The last thing we need to think about is that minecraftsoft also is able to change minecraft java to get as much profit out of it as possible, by, just like with PE making it a subscription service or something, that doesn't matter. So, even though all the things I said above, Minecrosoft is able to get just as much money from PE as from Java, so, if let people make the move the maximum amout of moiney per player stays the same. Only, sadly, the amount of players gets decreased be n, so, it would, whatever it does get a small decrease of money, by actually doing something. Maintaining Java without the updates shouldn't take much time, as the only thing you have to do is to register the sales. I'm not an expert on economics, but I guess that's a nice proof on why minecrosoft shouldn't do it anyway...

(Wait? Did I out-essay shelly (by using more words) really?)
  12. I'd rather stay on the PC version. Maybe EMC could make a game on pocket edition?
  13. You want to know why Microsoft is pushing PE so hard? Two words, Minecraft Marketplace. We all knew that when MS bought MC it was going to be all about the money. They're going to be able to make far more money from PE than from the java edition.
    JesusPower2 and 607 like this.
  14. Very true I hope they don't add micro transactions to the Java edition.
  15. Microsoft trying to move everyone to PE and the communities reaction in one gif.

Jelle68 likes this.
  16. If you suggest something like this, you are wrong.
  17. I disagree, No.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  18. I am still waiting for the Sources that you claim to have got it from... :p
    Merek_Shadower and FadedMartian like this.
  19. I don't think this is feasible....

I'm just going to state as many have said that the amount of time to transfer everything (if that is remotely possible) will be downright insane. I know it is hard sometimes to get online on a computer but there are other ways to combat that, as like getting a laptop ;)
    Jelle68 and FadedMartian like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.