Empire Minecraft 1.7.2 Update

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Dec 10, 2013.

1. There is a very small chance that a BABY ZOMBIE will spawn this.
  2. Pab10S, cddm95ace and SkyDragonv8 like this.
  3. Spiders are attacking in utopia daylight :confused:
  4. If you want to argue over the probability, contact JL2579 or someone else from Zip Krowd.
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  5. Just curious about the Witch Huts, I know that the 1.7 update made it so any mob can spawn on the witch hut platforms now. That is why they are broke, not because of any bug that I am aware of. What happens to mine, is eventually spiders clog up the system. Shifting floor still works for the other mobs though.
  6. Each baby zombie or baby Zombie Pigman that spawns has a 5% chance to spawn riding a chicken. There is an additional 5% chance of it mounting any existing chicken within a 10x6x10 box centered on the baby zombie's spawn location. In a chicken-free environment, this gives each spawned zombie a 0.25% chance of becoming a Chicken Jockey; if chickens are present, the chance increases to 0.4875%.
  7. RE: Witches:

1. I don't know if witch huts still act as witch huts for spawning. But I have noticed in an hour of hanging around a newly generated 1.7.2 chunk witch hut that it does spawn a witch. But may spawn other stuff as well, as there was a spider on the roof.
    2. Witches spawn infrequently all over the place, and higher rate in swamp biomes. (I come accross them every time I enter a swamp at night).
    3. Witches are 'broken' in EMC. They throw potions etc, but the potions have no effect. Must be related to the PVP rules for EMC, hence no offensive potion effects.

EDIT: Well.. the potions DO have en effect. The Negative effect splash potions do affect the witch. :) so they basically kill themselves (but not really, as their heal ability keeps them alive)
  8. May seem a little off topic, but how big will the claiming area be with dragon eggs?
  9. not entirely off topic but i don think an exact area has been definitively decided yet since land claiming is going to post date dragon tombs it has a short while before it needs to be thoroughly looked into. the wild policy set a day or so before 1.7 was released is its precursor tho :D
  10. I am beginning to think that Aikar lives on the sun.
    607 likes this.
  11. There is no such thing. The moon rotates on its axis so that every part of the moon, at some point in its rotation, faces the Sun. It's period of rotation is equal to its period of revolution around Earth, however, so that the same part always faces the Earth.

Nice edit. :)
    607 likes this.
  12. Well Now I am waiting for all my mods to update to 1.7.2.... Ugh I hate waiting...:mad:
  13. lol Agreed. :) It's almost painful. On the one hand, we've 'updated' to 1.7.2 with bug fixes, new blocks and new biomes (which are Fantastic! btw, love it, much more real feel to the world). But on the other hand, with no game enhancing mods, it's a downgrade to slow, glitchy, hard to use Graphics and GUI's of Vanilla Minecraft.. Arg.

Seriously makes a player look into modding themselves, to get something usable NOW while official well-made mods are updating and bug-testing.
    cddm95ace likes this.
  14. ^i think if some of us were less lazy there would be beta optifine's and that kind of stuff out already.

i was looking into making my own resource pack with shaders personally but then i saw how much work it was going to be and decided against it
  15. Same reason I am not trying it. With my RL work load I would take longer than the actual modders to come out with something. lol
  16. There is a 0% chance of a chicken rider spawning on emc as the servers are on 1.7.2 and chicken jockeys are 1.7.4.

The streaming feature works with 1.7.4 on the servers because it is client based. You are welcome to stream your EMC gameplay, hopefully with a link to EMC in the description (it's pain to set up streaming but once done it a simple key press to start/stop).
  17. Aikar, maybe you can add a fishing flag because of the 1.7 update so if you dont want people fishing on your res you can just do /res set fish f
  18. There is no point to add a flag like this, why shouldn't they be able to fish on your res? If you really don't want people fishing on your res the you can remove move flag.
    607 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  19. 607, jkjkjk182 and Kman122000 like this.
  20. If you run a shop and don't want people fishing on your res with the shop....-move is a horrible thing. (Not applicable for me, just giving an example. Or say you just don't want people fishing on your res, but like having a pond. And don't want to ban people from your res.)

Not really doing that much with 1.7 stuff yet besides Dark Oak (and twice now I've had dark oak saplings somehow become normal oak saplings....is this just me?), but I am quite liking dark oak. Looks chocolaty in the right light.....