Empire has updated to 1.8!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, May 5, 2015.

1. Don't get me wrong
    I literally love everything else about this update
    but now, I hate anvils, and all these enchanted books I have (along with anvils) aren't even worth 1r to me now.

I mean, I knew EMC's anvils were going to be bad after the 1.8 update, but... I didn't expect them to go 100% vanilla.
    That was the one thing I was hoping *wouldn't* happen.

Ah well :(
    Kephras likes this.
  2. FIRST :SORRY I TURNED ON CAPS LOCK AND DONT KNOW HOW TO TURN IT OFF

SECOND: MY FRIEND AND I HAVE STARTED TO MINE AWAY AT A UNDERWATER MONUMENT AND NOW ITS BEEN ROLLED BACK TWICE AND IT IS ALL BACK HOW IT NATURALLY SPAWNS BUT WE HAVE ALMOST A DC OF THE MATERIAL. DEFINITELY ROLLED BACK MY FRIEND.
    f_Builder_s likes this.
  3. I just lost items on a crafting table on the last restart. No big deal, but I know what he means. "30 seconds to restart..." would be nice.

Not all heads converted. Many, pigmen in particular are coming up as Alex. See 18617 outside area.

Other then that, it's 1.8, finally....I mean Yay!!
    ShelLuser likes this.
  4. Yeah, EMC's anvil edits were a huge boon. If stuff is "too expensive" again (I haven't been ingame to test this yet), that needs to be "un-fixed" as soon as possible.
  5. If it was rolled back then you didnt lose anything, you just havent gone to get it yet.
  6. 607 and ShelLuser like this.
  7. Although I do share your concerns it's also fair to note that the vanilla mechanics themselves have changed as well. So while you couldn't repair OP armor on 1.7 you can on 1.8.

Anyway; there a few quirks with repairing right now but as far as I know that is already known and being looked into.
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  8. I died right before it reset and had a chest in the monument and lost all my loot and everything I brought, you got off easy on that one -_-

Brand new sharpV sword: farewell also my eff4silk ub3 pick grrrr
    ShelLuser likes this.
  9. Thanks to all Staff for this, nice to see 1.8 out!
    Nickblockmaster and kritacul like this.
  10. I wonder if the horse bug was addressed. If not, get on a horse and do /v anything. you will quickly see what i mean.
  11. Please send me details by pm cause i'm unaware of an issue?

Also the server itself wasn't rolled back, but there was a bug that made ocean monuments regenerate every server restart which we have now fixed.

We also had an issue with ocean biomes in town generating monuments.... overwriting plots. It was very limited impact and we were able to restore right before it happened so nothing should be lost (We only restored impacted areas, not full region file)

Please let us urgently know if you find a monument in town, but appears to be limited to smp1 (maybe due to its old age?)

As for anvil changes... we will consider bringing back the too expensive change. but have to see how it plays with new vanilla anvils.

We also may still make modifications to enchanting, just I did not want to hold up the release for it.

Once things stabilize, will look at furthur tweaks.

I have to work tomorrow and its 4am ; ; really need to sleep.
  12. And this update had to happen during my exam time... =*(

13. Read the post, that tells you everything you need to know. get on a horse, teleport somewhere.

If you can't be bothered to get on a horse and teleport somewhere: it breaks :p. Unless it was fixed with one of the bugs that has already been addressed. If it doesn't break then it is fine. I know when I fix something the first thing I try to do is reproduce the problem. If there is no problem, there is nothing to fix. I had at least one other person do the same thing, I can only assume he is using 1.8.4 also and I can't imagine why it would be client side that when you teleport on a horse that you are stuck there, tethered by an invisible rope to your horse and when you move away you are teleported back to the horse but you can't get on your horse and are kinda standing inside it. only way I found to be able to do anything is to then /stable store.
  14. relogging in resyncs you. some kind of desync.

Are you saying this happened before 1.8? I def didnt touch code around that before this so no clue why it would be broke in earlier... but that code did change in 1.8 and could be at fault.

Filing bug to look into.
  15. WHAT!?

No... This can't be! It's not my time yet!
  16. I feel like Eye_Car was cute, but now I feel like all the aikar related alts are unoriginal :/
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  17. I think AikarTime is gone now -- he has been defeated. (I think)

Also: #MiningAndCollectedBunnies
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  18. the slime heads aren't showing, is that normal??