Empire Auction House

Discussion in 'Business Listings' started by maxkobe1, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Empire Auction House
    Hey y'all, I am pleased to announce the creation of the Empire Auction House. The Empire Auction House is a residence on Utopia intended to host live auctions. Live auctions bring some life to auctions that usually take place on the forums. I am currently planning the first auction. There are currently 24 lots open (each lot consists of a double chest which can contain any number of items). Please PM me in-game or on the Forums if you are interested in purchasing a lot for 1,000r. The pricing and number of lots available is subject to change as we move past the first auction. As the lots are purchased and filled I will update this thread with the items available for sale as well as the starting price (chosen by seller). Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions. Come visit the res on Utopia at 5845. Below are the rules for auction (these are subject to change as we learn based on experience).

Rules

• All bids are Final and Binding.
    • By placing a bid you agree to purchase the item for the price you bid.
    • Before bidding begins you will be given the opportunity to preview all items up for bid, which will be labeled with there corresponding lot number.
    • At the start of each lot auction the items in the lot may or may not be announced depending on amount and diversity of the items in the lot.
    • At the conclusion of all auctions, the winning bidders must provide payment to be granted access to the lot they won.
    • Joke bids are 100% unacceptable, anyone that makes a joke bid will be removed from the res and the lot will go back up for auction.
    • Minimum bid increases may vary depending on the lot.
    • After bidding has ceased, the auctioneer will give three warnings before the closing of the auction.
    • *Rules are subject to change
    • At the start of each lot auction the items in the lot may or may not be announced depending on amount and diversity of the items in the lot.
    If we don't know what items are there how will we be able to bid properly?
    wafflecoffee likes this.
  2. Great question, thanks for asking! The lot number will always be announced before the auction, however the contents of the lot may not always be depending on the diversity of items in the lot (ex: DC of random items). The lots will all have previewed chest and the contents can be viewed before and even during the auction. Regardless, when possible we will also announce the items as well as the lot number (ex: Lot number 5: 1 dc of glass or Lot number 7: 2 Unused Dashers). I hope this helps!
  3. CRAP.

Lol, I've had this idea for a long time, and have even been building an auction house for a while now (I've been building an item sorter on the same res, so it is easier to grab items to auction, i was thinking after that's done, which would be in like a week, I'd start the auctions). Oh well... there can be two auctioneering companies... right? lol. Anyway, you have my support and I hope to be there for when it happens :)
  4. Lot prices have been lower to only 100r!! Pm me!
  5. Question: Have you cleared this with Staff, or is there a forum thread that comments on this being allowable? There are quite a few rules in place for forum auctions, to protect everyone involved and reduce conflict resolution.
  6. Thanks for the question! I have not cleared this with staff, but I welcome them to comment on this thread. I have reviewed the rules before proceeding with the project and my interpretation is that there are no rules banning this. If staff wants to clarify, please do so!
  7. Just found this thread from around 2018, in which Krysyy clarifies this is allowed. https://empireminecraft.com/threads...n-emc-auction-house.78082/page-2#post-1466682
  8. BUMP!! No lots taken yet price is now 100r pm me!
  9. Bump! Only one lot filled! Only 100r per lot
    Stnywitness likes this.
  10. BUMP! Lets get those lots filled!
  11. BUMP! Lets get those lots filled!