EMC Wiki Needs You!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JackBiggin, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Is it changing He who must not be named's theme?
  2. More than just the theme ;) Also, if SoulPunisher sees this: the update will partly include content for the Creation Station.
    mba2012 likes this.
  3. :D That's took a long time, just for partly xD
  4. What is the Creation Station?
  5. A website me & jack are making where you can share creations, have them rated, receive feedback etc. You can also have them starred for the 'weekly showcase'.
    mba2012 likes this.
  6. Ohhhh. Cool.
  7. I would love to extend my limited knowledge to the EMC community
    JackBiggin likes this.
  8. Sadly the wiki is undergoing an upgrade to recieve a new look and feature some creation station features, and have the EMCGUI (or was it EMCUI?) integrated.
    JackBiggin likes this.
  9. EMCUID >.> It does stand for something, but you'll just have to work that out for yourself :p Let's just say it'll mean future projects could be created and managed much much easier when it's in play.

The new features will completely change the Wiki and how to works, as well as letting some awesome new things start. :)
    mba2012 and SoulPunisher like this.
  10. Empire Minecraft User Interface...
    Download?
  11. Nothing like that, it's just a fancy new login system, that works across a whole network of sites - I can create a site to add to the network in under 30 seconds. It's lots of built-in Wordpress features put together, plus a ton of plugins and various other stuff. Needless to say, it'll be worth it. :)
  12. So when is the wiki coming back online?
  13. When it's ready. Various technical problems (some simply involving my laptop playing up) have slowed down progress considerably.
    music3000, mba2012 and nfell2009 like this.
  14. This update is taking a long time, xD
    mba2012 and supremedr like this.
  15. And me having to read though all of these messages doesn't speed it up. :p

But in all seriousness, it's coming. Technical problems, illness and a load more other things have slowed down progress considerably. I don't like it, you don't like it, but we just have to live with it. :)

EDIT: Did I really just do that...
  16. Ice-cream + piggies = :D
  17. Our Admin = Alive
    Our ex-admin = Hit with the ban hammer
    Our theme maker = Hit with the ban hammer...really, really hard.
    Our uploader = MIA
    Our Creation Station idea maker (me..) = Alive

Wow...Me & Jack are the only wiki staff left :eek:
    mba2012 likes this.
  18. I will help if you want :D
  19. FYI, I select wiki staff in the same way that EMC does. You ask, you don't get - simples.

Also, I've had a plan which would make updating the wiki much easier for me... not too sure whether or not I'll go with it as a few features will be lost, but I do like the idea... Watch this space.

But, help offers are appreciated and honestly will be looked into. I have something bigger than the EMCWiki in the works, but the wiki would be perfect to integrate into it. Hmm...
  20. Though I am guessing me making the plug-ins gets me staff? I am fine with out though.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.