EMC Voltz War

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by fluffinator09, Apr 7, 2013.

1. You have a thread on the EMC forums. Therefore, you need a staff member present during the event. Creating a PMC project does not let you bypass this rule.
  2. alot of people are dropping out like as we get closer to the deadline, folks have some integrity if you cant do something in a month dont sign up for it and then drop out a week prior
  3. I would assume people are dropping out right now partially because with the event being in 2 days, there are still no staff members to govern the event. Going with what Jack said, as long as it has members of EMC in it/is on the forums, it can't happen without staff.
  4. i'm staying
  5. no they are dropping "because of real life plans"
  6. I understand what you're saying, but as of right now it doesn't matter. We have no/few people.
  7. Any more mods?
  8. Nope.
  9. is this still even on, i read it was canceled, then it wasnt... need to know this.
  10. it is canceled unless we can find a mod to watch/get approval from staff i thinks. we still have a bit of time tho
  11. alright, unless im told otherwise, i wont be showing up. someone let me know ASAP when this is back on.
  12. 10 hours until spawn-in unless canceled
  13. It has been. To many people left and we never got any Staff to join.
  14. darn
  15. You dont need a staff team. You can simply get a staff member to come on during the dates that the server for voltz is open.
  16. NOTE: This is a separate post because I don't want to have a wall of text bigger than it shoult be.
    The reason people are leaving is because of both real life plans,the lack of staff members,and planning.
    Real Life Plans- The problem is that most people make plans then forget. They thought they would be able to do this but because of vacation plans they can't do it. They should have looked at their plans before signing up but most people are too lazy to do so. I knew I would be at home or would have computer access over the summer to do this. Some people could have had drastic changes that may have made them drop out. Like they could have had to move or do to debt they needed to take extra work hours or get an extra job.
    Lack of Staff Members- Due to EMC rules we need staff members for every out of server event. The purpose is to stop recruitment. Personally I don't have a non private server so I wouldn't want to recruit anybody. However some people do and EMC staff is afraid of people leaving EMC. However my view of it is that you don't have to play on just one server. EMC staff obviously know more about the subject then I do so I understand why they do this. For an event like this staff would have to commit to coming on every time the server is on. The event will also take place for an extended period of time and isn't just a 1 or 2 day event with small gaps in between. You don't require a staff team you just need 1 staff member coming on. However that would still be tough to do and it may require multiple staff because of timing and other things. The rules are the rules. No staff no event.
    Planning- The way this was planned was some what poor. You asked for people to agree to do this months in advance. Some people(Like I mentioned in Real Life Plans) had things happen. People might of forgotten about this and staff might have looked at the date and knew they where unable to do this. I almost forgot about this event a couple times myself. This event should have asked for contestants within a period of one or two weeks in advance from the start date.
    This event was a cool idea and its unfortunate it has to get cancelled. Hopefully fluffinator's next event (Which I'm sure will be epic) will follow through and we can all have a good time. This concludes my wall of text.