EMC Spotlight: Pilot - Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by TonicThunder, Feb 20, 2012.

1. I use Sony Vegas Pro and Adobe After Effects for video editing. For audio, I use FL Studio and Audacity. Graphics are done with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.

:)
    B4DMAN5IMON and Squizzel_Boy like this.
  2. I cant wait to see my everyone's res in video! Keep up the good worth Tonic!
  3. :eek: Sony vaga I am Jelly >:[

EDIT: Pro
    TonicThunder likes this.
  4. Can't wait to see the video! Will it be up on youtube, possibly an advertisement for EMC? :)
    TonicThunder and Squizzel_Boy like this.
  5. I jelly muchly of the Sony Vegas Pro, im sadly stuck on adoby after effects, and Final Cut Pro.
  6. Same
    TonicThunder likes this.
  7. Just like the EMC Promotional I made last October, yes it will. :)

(in case you haven't seen it)
  8. Oh and my residence looks best at night ;D
  9. I saw this video on youtube and this is what made me join it :)
    TonicThunder likes this.
  10. I made you join this Empire. MUAHAHAHA *lightning crack*
    *cough*

But yeah, it will be posted just like the promotional was. :)
  11. do you think you could give us a preview of the video? :) I am so eager to see it! There are so many wonderful creations on EMC!
  12. Stop right there everyone!!! 55 gigabytes of data memory for a few resident shots!? Did you film for 79 hours? :p
  13. I'd rather wait to render the entire video, this ensures you won't expect anything. :)

Sounds like a lot indeed, but here are the reasons for such a high amount.

For starts, There are a total of about 30 residences that I had to record. Each residence has about 10 shots, more or less. I have a total of 413 recorded clips.

Now this is where the large file size will make the most sense. Since I used FRAPS for the majority of the recordings, the files were saved entirely uncompressed. Considering that, this means that the recordings are basically pictures being saved by the frame rate of 29.97 pictures per second. This will ensure that the video file will be insanely large, especially if it is recorded in full screen 1080p.

Compressed video files don't lag for a reason, and this reason is because it is forced to play at a steady frame rate. FRAPS, on the other hand, records frame rates that fluctuate. This is why it saves files uncompressed.

So to make a long story short (too late) when the project is complete, it may render itself to be MAYBE 1 GB, if not less.

Hope I cleared that statement up for some of you. :)

Yay, I educated people. :D
  14. :D indeed
    TonicThunder likes this.
  15. Wow, this project is taking a long time. I was not expecting this much work, but it's still fun to edit. It's going to be a while until this is finished. :)
    B4DMAN5IMON likes this.
  16. I recall my old WoW Videos were like 2-4 Gb a minute. So I know exactly what you are facing. Once it is compressed it gets better though. But raw data always is a chunk :S
    B4DMAN5IMON and TonicThunder like this.
  17. keep us in the loop mate :p
    nick5013 and TonicThunder like this.
  18. So far I would say it's about 1/4 done. Should I get spare time during the week, I'll keep working on it. :D
    B4DMAN5IMON likes this.
  19. now that the week is over, is there any news as to how the video is coming along good sir?
  20. The Editing is coming along nicely. I'm using every spare moment I get to edit. Perhaps about 2/4+ of the way finished. Just a rough estimate. :)
    B4DMAN5IMON likes this.