EMC PVP - Preliminary community discussion

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JustinGuy, Mar 21, 2012.

1. I don't know. To not have cross vault between a PvP server and the SMP servers would defeat the entire point of calling the PvP server EMC. There already exists countless MC PvP servers in the world that are 100% separate from EMC. I think Justin meant that the same way utopia is separate from smp1, a hardcore PvP server would be separate from smp1. Anything else would defeat the purpose entirely.

-Mike
  2. If there were a poll on this I would vote yes. Id like to see how different it would be.
  3. Yeah, you're probably right, I could have misread that. I guess maybe vault would be at an outpost instead of town?

Although, even if vaults was enabled, making enchanted swords, bows and armor isn't exactly trivial even in SMP, would take several hours with a good grinder but more likely a few days to create it all, then to log in and lose it all in 5 minutes because they were spawn-camped, got lag at the wrong minute, just needed a few more goes to practice and get better at PvP - you'd end up with a few people with stacks of enchanted armor and others who just wasted all that time.
  4. this would be awesome i think.
  5. 1 problem of PvP is: Hackers. Auto lock on, xray, tracers. i.e. PvP hacks. These would have to call for anti xray plugins, no cheat, etc. I would LOVE a pvp server, But hacks must be dealt with.. ;)
  6. Maybe as an addition, Factions as well. This would allow 'teams', protected areas that CAN be reclaimed, and f chat, (team chat) :)

EDIT: Sorry for the double post btw.
  7. Yeah most good pvp servers are ridden with hackers, foul language, and overall bad attitudes. I don't think we should bring in these kind of players with saying we have pvp.
  8. I still don't see how any of that is relevant. So someone loses 3 days worth of work in 5 minutes; did someone grab the guy by the wrist and drag him into the PvP server? Users already waste days grinding for xp, now we can give them an OPTIONAL pathway to use it. I play COD once and a while, and when I put that disc in my PS3, I have already assumed the likely risk that I will be spawn camped, be subject to faulty lag-compensation, or face mismatched opponents who are stronger. It's my choice to play. If I don't like the idea of COD for any or all reasons, I opt out, but my say should have no affect in forcing everyone else to not have the option to play.
  9. This is a good point. Being labeled as a PvP optional server will attract users that many of the current EMC crowd does not associate with, or like, and might deteriorate the community to some small extent. Perhaps only users who have played on EMC for at least 14 days can use the PvP server. This would deter the PvP-only type of player since they would need to invest 14 days worth of plying in EMC before being allowed to PvP. This is similar to many message boards that restrict users's ability to reply in certain forum sections until they have enough posts under their belt.

-Mike
  10. Its relevant because we would want people to play on the PvP server. when there are a handful of people that totally dominate, it ends up they're the only ones playing. PvP isn't very fun when you have no one to play with.
  11. As I beleive this would encourage players for EMC, I don't think this is a good idea.

EMC has always been known as a PVP free community.If PVP where added I think it would discorage players from the economy of EMC.

My point is that EMC has always been like the oldest MC, a plce to build and epress your true inventions and creation, I believe that MC has turned into a huge PVP world where PVP is all players care about these days.

Another problem would be that, EMC would turn into a place with complaints,"Hey someone griefed my house" This is not what EMC should turn into.

End anwser: No.
  12. Well, me sometimes I don't like having a person stab me in the back when I'm mining. So i think to start out with a whole new server. Maybe goes well we add another just like the SMP ones. Or people can have the option to turn PVP off. And also to people who are good at PVP... no team ups...Also, if those people get PVP... we get RFW...
  13. I wouldn't mind terrorism in a separate section of the Empire, for those bloodthirsty land-claiming men who want to feel the taste of blood on their swords of freshly-smelt iron.

*ahem*

Anyways, a, "hardcore" server where people beat the sandbags out of eachother doesn't belong in the Empire, but maybe a spin-off server. With NO residence and a puny few stalls with enough items for survival.
  14. I still don't understand how one or a few can totally dominate on the PvP server. What does he or they have that no one can get it in the wild on an smp server? And _even if_ only a handful ended up playing, and they got bored because there was no one left to play with, then they would leave an a new generation would come in. EVERYTHING in the world, like supply/demand, finds its own equilibrium. Plus, how many players would it take to dominate and cover the entire 24 per day the server is up? It will not be a handful dominating and the gap between the dominators and the regular players won't be as large as you think.

-Mike
  15. I agree, i was searching and searching for a server that didnt have PvP and i found EMC. Even though it would not be on any of 1-7 servers I personally would not go on a pvp server.
  16. Why is that person building a house on a PvP server and expecting it not to get griefed? One simple rule: you log in, you agree to the risks. Don't like, don't log into the PvP server.
  17. The current servers / community is great. The message is clear Empire minecraft is a fun, friendly place to play and explore. I think keeping the focus and energy on this core message should be the goal rather then trying to cater for all possibilities
  18. There will be a PvP on and off switch, its called log into the PvP server or don't. And you cannot expect to mine on a PvP server and not be attacked. You should be mining on the wilds of smp1-7 and utopia.

-Mike
  19. Skill at PvP. When I was playing DCUO, there weren't all that many Villians on my server who played the PvP game, so almost always the same Villians would get thrown in to games together, as a result we got pretty good at working together, it was like premades except it wasn't premade. We almost always won, and almost always annihilated the Heros, so they all accused us all of hacking and stopped playing. It got to the point where it could take four or five hours to get a game.

And in the mean time the server would sit empty, doing nothing but costing money.

Ummm. sure. I'm not sure what you mean by that, from where I'm standing the world looks a whole lot different and equality is not something I'd use to describe most of it.

Why not only a handful? It could only be two people and you've already put the barrier to entry up to need to join with a group.
  20. To all those who are whining:
    "I don't like getting killed when I'm mining"
    "I'm bad at PvP"
    "I don't wanna get teamed up on"
    "People with Diamond stuff are unfair"
    Just don't bother playing on the "100% separate server". Just keep on mining in the wild on the SMP's.