EMC New Permanent Ban Stance

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. While we would love to try to limit FNS usage to prevent griefing, its really too hard.

Lava Buckets are much more dangerous, but theres absolutely no way for us to programmatically detect if that player is using it to grief or trying to make a lava moat or so....
    KarlisKrazy likes this.
  2. Thank you for your clarification! I was under the impression that a perma-ban was effectively a temp-ban with the added necessity of an appeal. Which would result in a roundabout alteration of the rule, without explicit statement of the change. It seems that I was lost in the case - specific situations of successful appeals. To draw an analogy, you're still giving life in prison to the account, with the option for parole - but the parole conditions are stricter. I should probably clarify that I think this is an awesome idea overall!

Along these lines, is there a minimum amount of time an account must suffer the permanent ban, if their appeal is granted, prior to the reinstatement of that account (with the new reset)? For example, I get banned tomorrow at noon, file an appeal by 12:30, which is granted by a team of Mods online at 12:45, can I instantly resume play? Or will I have a waiting period of X # of days to actually receive some of the instituted ban?
    Pab10S likes this.
  3. We are currently banning for 7 days after the appeal, but we may increase that.
    Pab10S, polo002 and KarlisKrazy like this.
  4. this place rocks
    R0bbieJo and RainbowChin like this.
  5. *nods in agreement*
    Pab10S and R0bbieJo like this.
  6. being banned sucks....and even if we feel it might be unfair, or that we didn't deserve it, the rules are the rules and we are each responsible for our actions, whether unintentional, intentional, or just misguided. i personally have just lost 2 res's, 200k +, and a ton of time and work....but i am happy to be able to come back into the community and start over b/c you guys are all awesome and i can't imagine playing mc anywhere else. kudos to the staff for trying to keep EMC awesome!!
  7. just so i'm clear, and sorry if this was asked before... would it be considered "helping" or "thwarting the system" if a player were to give a formerly banned player rupees or items after they are reset? this would not be the banned player giving a player their rupees and items prior to being reset and then a player giving them back but simply a player giving their OWN rupees and items to a formerly banned player because they want to?
    topdawg657 likes this.
  8. I saw your empty residences and tought "Wow. All of it's gone." Your huge Utopia farm, everything. :(

Good times on your res Christina. Well, at least you're unbanned soon. :/
    christina80 likes this.
  9. that is fine. its the same thing as helping a new player to the empire.
  10. I find sometimes emc is to strict to stupid things like spamming and begging, and less serious on other more bad things. Bullying is now a big problem in the world, and on emc it is sometimes ignored, I was banned for suposedly spamming my adverts when I waited five messages to post another one and it wasn't even the same messages!!! Were as I see rudeness, disrespectfulness and bullying almost every time I am on emc, Please try to pay more attention to the big things than the small

Hope my message is read,
    Sammy1002
    Pab10S likes this.
  11. Based on the fact that your text is massive and you posted the same thing twice in a row, yes, your massage is read.
  12. When I saw his huge text, I wondered if my resolution was messed up.
    jkjkjk182 and RainbowChin like this.
  13. If it is reported I assure you that it is taken care of. However, we need to know about it to take action so please remember: /report player reason

:)
    Pab10S, Malicaii12 and ISMOOCH like this.
  14. When I saw the "hope my massage is read" on both posts, I thought it was his signature.
    Then I saw both posts were exactly the same.
  15. Thanks, sorry for posting text twice, didn't mean to
    sorry

I am new at this posting thing, I started yesterday and did it for only 7 min.
  16. there is an edit button underneath your post if you wish to add more, no need to double post. I went ahead and edited it for you this time.
  17. Wait that means that when i get back into emc all my stuff will be gone dang it i picked the worst time to be banned
    Pab10S likes this.
  18. What about armour they're wearing??
  19. It is never a good time to be banned. Contrary to what some of the younger population seem to think, being banned means you did something very, very wrong that you should never have done, and you should be ashamed of yourself for doing such, not for the punishment you receive.
  20. Their inventory will be reset too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.