EMC is still 1.7.10 - Do not use 1.8 | Update: 1.8 compatible

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by AlexC__, Sep 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. I would not recommend windows 7. Reason, it will slow your fps 20-60, very true I have windows 8.1 and dualed my operating system, the fps on "EVERYGAME" was lowered 20-60 and others maybe lower. If you hate windows 8, ( which I do to) then upgrade it for free to 8.1 install "startisback" and you have 8.1 acting the same way 7 does :) hope it helps.
  2. Can't wait for 1.8:D! How about you guys;)? Idea! How about staff run some Guardian maze thing where we have to fight the boss! (No loot involved:p).
  3. This is how to change your Minecraft back (If you use another launcher than the original. Such as magic launcher.)

Step 1. Open the magic launcher (or what ever launcher.) Find something that is like "edit, setup, or options.) For magic launcher it's edit. Click that tab.
    bandicam 2014-09-03 20-51-26-068.jpg

Step 2. Find an area where you see a game version such as this one. For magic launcher it is under "Environment."
    bandicam 2014-09-03 20-52-09-226.jpg

Step 3. Open that tab and click 1.7.10, (any 1.7.x client.)
    bandicam 2014-09-03 21-00-44-074.jpg

Step 4. Click "OK" to save it. Log in and I hope to see you on EMC.:p
    bandicam 2014-09-03 20-52-52-362.jpg

I hope this helped you all, once again this is only for people that do not use that launcher, but for this launcher to update, you would have to run the original launcher and download the 1.8 update. This launcher will not download it automatically. It also doesn't have an option to set latest version. :)
  4. That is your computer, not the operating system.
    sambish20 likes this.
  5. Thanks
  6. No windows 8 has an option that Microsoft intergrated, for example, win 7 bf4 10fps 8 30-40fps, trust me, look up videos about it.
    It's not my computer, it us windows 8.1.
    Think of it like windows xp, 7 was so much better, 8 might look bad, but if you. Compare the two, oh man big difference. :)
    Only win 8.1.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZNx4NGXN50
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o7azs5lR-8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE3cJbMuD2o
  7. Me and Jamiet07 have tried getting on with changing our versions of Minecraft 3+ times all ready and we still cant get on :'( We have even tried to get on different servers to get on but that doesn't work! Anyone know how we can get or or if there's a problem with the servers? Thank you
    jamiet07 likes this.
  8. Im pretty sure the servers are down atm, but keep trying =)
    jamiet07 likes this.
  9. It works now :D
  10. There is no way you are getting a 300% improvement in one 7 vs 8.1. And you are forgetting Vista, W8 is essentially the Vista of this generation in terms of UI and ease of use. W7 is far superior in those aspects. W8 may include a few minor performance increases, but for power users, W7 is the way to go. Plus there is absolutely no reason to get W8 with W9 about to be officially unveiled, with an expected release date of April 2015. The only reason to have W8 is if your laptop is incompatible with W7 or if you bought a premade computer with W8 and no access to W7 discs.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  11. Soo...Will empire Updated soon? im DIEING To see my friends who Don't know how to Connect to 1.7.10!!!
  12. Nope.
  13. How long You Think it will Take?
  14. I am not going to argue with you, you do what ever you want. All I am doing is helping you out. I am telling you win 8.1 has a better gaming performance than windows 7, If you don't want to believe that that is totally up to you. And windows 8.1 (Not 8) Has a minimum of 10 fps increase.:):p
    Also, if you don't like 8.1, I would get it and get "Startisback" it changes the windows 8 start menu and changes it into the old windows 7 start button. Do what you wish, but I am just telling you what has been proven, by Microsoft, to be faster for gaming.:confused:
  15. I am sorry to be so blunt, but this is why I know that you don't actually know what you are talking about. I am saying that there are minor performance increases on weak systems, yes that is true. In the case that a weaker system has W8, it is likely because it either came with it or the person was on a budget. In the case of someone who is spending a good amount on their system, there is no reason to get W8 because the system will be fast enough anyway that the performance difference will be so small that you wouldn't notice it. I get several hundred FPS in Minecraft, I will not notice an improvement in W8.

There is absolutely no reason to buy W8 for gaming.
  16. Please debate that on another thread.

I'm going to try to update to the latest 1.8 "Protocol Patch", which is still 1.7.10 but supporting 1.8 Protocol.

Most the bugs should be worked out by now. Our online count 100% shows this is impacting us greatly, so it will be the priority for the weekend. (Sadly haven't done much the past few days due to my cat, constantly watching him and taking him to vet)
    wisepsn, Kaizimir and mba2012 like this.
  17. Thank God!
  18. I got 40-60 fps on my laptop with Windows 7 on it. I get 40-60 fps on my laptop with Windows 8.1 on it. I don't use it anymore because I have a desktop now.

and I hope Aikat will be fine. :D
  19. for some reason, Im still having issues.... it says it wont let me connect.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.