EMC Dragon Tombs Info

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My face hurts after reading all of the comments here who did not fully read the OP...
    You must have a minimum of 5 team members.
    You will die, a lot. This means you will respawn inside of the arena.
    You can NOT bring anything inside of the Arena. Your inventory will be stored until you leave.
    You can ONLY use items INSIDE of the Arena. When you complete the final fight, you will all be teleported out of the Arena and receive YOUR stored items AND 1 Dragon Egg.
    If you bring 30 people into the Arena, all 30 who are logged in when the Dragon is defeated will receive 1 Dragon Egg in addition to their stored items. I am sure they will not receive their Dragon Egg if they log off prior to defeating the Dragon. I am sure on relogging they will receive their stored items and respawn at the location outside of the portal, which has disappeared.
  2. That my sir is a good simple way to put it!
  3. Thanks you twitch! Love you :D
  4. Oh I just have one more question; When using the egg to clear dirt, will the blocks above 64 remain there? That would be extremely useful for me.

Oh my bad...Does the dirt drop and when is the "claim wild land" idea going to be implemented? I'm just so excited, I can't wait ;)
  5. I will leave this for Aikar to answer.
    I think this was aimed at those wishing to start a base, stock up before you begin.
    Someone will be able to claim someone else's base but this will be considered griefing and leave a very noticeable footprint behind.
    The claiming of the wild is still not fully finalised, I would hate to give out information that could be incorrect. There will be a grace period but I am unsure of how long.
    That is one for the community to find out.
    I can't wait to see the threads appear discussing the fight, what works and what doesn't. Since I think the fight can be done several different ways there will be debate on which way is best.
    pietdagamer and Call_Me_DeJaja like this.
  6. CHICKEN EGGS! >:D
    BobTheTomato9798 likes this.
  7. Chicken eggs may or may not be available in the arena.
    nfell2009 likes this.
  8. Oooo, I like the claiming land in the wild bit. A lot of our friends stopped playing because of the wild situation but now we can have them back. And dirt removal is an amazing idea ;)

Now I have to decide where I want to claim land...

Questions:
    if you claim land in the wild, could someone from the nether portal in?
    Can you claim land in the nether or is it just in the wild?

Thx to staff of emc for this amazing idea and update!
    Pab10S and B4DMAN5IMON like this.
  9. PRO_G4NGST4 likes this.
  10. Question: When does this start?
  11. Now :D
  12. read the main post, they havent revealed when the update will be as of yet...
  13. About portal locations. There is no limits on where a portal can be at... I have created a formula that places them randomly throughout the wild. There is no max limit either, so people far out in the wild can still find portals the same as people at /spawn.

Considering the locations will reset weekly, players should not consider this unfair, as there will generally always be portals near spawn.

There is no static distance between them either... 2 literally could be within 40 blocks of each other, or there could be no portals for 1000 blocks. It's all based on luck of what the formula calculates!

As for the location of them, that will remain secret. It is up to you guys to figure this out :) But the goal was for you to randomly stumble upon them while mining, and take what hints you want from the picture :)

They will be made of bedrock with an End Portal at the bottom of it to jump into. When the portal is destroyed, the portal will be replaced with bedrock and the top parts of the portal frame will disappear, so portals will not be griefable (not that I understand why you would want to)

Upon death of the event, you will be kicked back out to the portal you entered from. You will then also have a minimum time delay before you can re-enter the portal and rejoin the fight. If all players die in the event and no one is in the arena, the event fails and you have to start over. Players are limited to a certain # of deaths before they are banned permanently from that specific event, so you can't just keep zerg rushing the dragon till dead.

If you disconnect, it will act as a death and exit you from the arena, to prevent people from abusing logout to survive.

Anyone who enters the arena will be rewarded an egg, but if players entering then leaving and not helping the team becomes a problem, we will act accordingly and remedy that (You players could maintain a public blacklist of people who are known to leave the arena and/or not help).

As for Reasons to keep the portal location secret: There really isnt any.

Anyone can enter the portal if its the one used to activate the event, so even if someone did try to form their own group based off the portal you found, you can still just enter and do the fight with them. Worst case scenario, build your group and lead them there, don't give exact coords, but I really don't see this being a problem.

Only 1 event can be going on at a time, so if someone finds another portal while players are doing the event, they will be told the event is currently in use and to please wait.

I will likely add some "progress report" on how far into the event the current players are to give the others an estimate on how long they need to wait.

Also, I intend to add some form of statistics into how many times you've completed the event, how many eggs you've obtained, how many people you've grouped with etc, and we could potentially add rewards for milestones in the future!

As for wild updates, alot of that still isnt set in stone yet, so I can't give you specific details. Focusing on 1 thing at a time :)

No, we can't. We want the community to band together, and enforcing the 5 player minimum forces people to work with others and not be greedy. Considering we are designing the difficulty based around 5 EXPERIENCED players, 2 players would not have much chance at even living.

So letting people start with only 2 would end up locking up the arena for long periods of time as your group constantly fails it.... I will likely add some form of max attempts per day.
    B4DMAN5IMON likes this.
  14. So when does this actually start happening?
  15. The dirt removal feature is planned to be scaled to your supporter level, so diamond members can remove dirt a lot faster than free members. As for dropping the dirt, I don't see why not.

I don't understand what you mean above 64? It will basically act as a super shovel, and you break dirt where you want it gone.

If you ever used WorldEdit's "Super Pickaxe" (or hopefully not.... shame on you if so, a hacked clients "nuker" feature), itll work similar to that.
    I shifted gears yesterday to help EMC with the lag and bug problems. I didn't get to work on it at all yesterday.... nor will I likely today.

I've found the souce of EMC's lag, and we will soon be nearly lag free, so I'm working on that. SMP2 has been "mostly" cured as of last night. The issue is animals in town... So if you got more than 150 entities on your residence, please remove them! These animal farms in town is what is causing all the lag.

For example, last night utopia went into super lag from a mere 2000 villagers. Last night, we removed around 4000 animals from SMP2 and that was only from the really big culprit residences....

We will soon be enacting forced limits per residence, and also going to work on automating egging the ones on players res if they are over the limit and placing the eggs in a chest for them.
    Currently not planned to allow setting -move, as it would be annoying to be blocked from walking in a part of the wild (though with how its planned, its not likely your gonna stumble onto random claimed locations, so its possible we will allow -move)

However if we do allow -move, and you nether portal in, it would act just like it does in town if you enter a res with -move, itll teleport you to the corner of the residence. However I intend to fix the "spawns you 4 miles high in the sky" so you dont die from falling :)

Claiming land in nether and the end is planned, but in the end your gonna have to build a bridge away from the main island in order to claim something...

Sorry Max was using Misa's Texture Pack cause it looks awesome and makes the arena look sooooo much better with the lighting, the portal is made of bedrock.
    krysyyjane9191 likes this.
  16. So whats the limit for how many eggs we can get per week, and can we do this event again RIGHT ever we finished and such?
  17. yes but you have to find a new portal.
  18. Ah okay, thanks. I basically meant like, will it just reset the residence except with a massive hole in the bottom (above 64 being the ground+) but you just cleared that up for me. :)

And yeah. I like the idea of being able to collect all that dirt.

I also suggest that the "claimable zone" be just from outside of the periodic reset zone, but that's up to you. :)
  19. Oh it will be much farther than that... I will say it will be at least 3k from each outpost (but currently got a # higher than that in mind). Anything closer and we border on players randomly stumbling upon it in the wild.
  20. What about the trollers that will claim round the reset area? and do -move??
    10101Link10101 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.