EMC and the Microsoft Acquisition

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Only applies to games published by Microsoft Studios, which Minecraft isn't. Check the rest of that source.
    SoulPunisher and 607 like this.
  2. The game I played the most and the longest time of my life is AoE II, so I'm comfort with MS. I'm happy it is not EA :confused:
    Grauhaar72 and SoulPunisher like this.
  3. We're actually lucky it isn't EA or some other big gaming giant. They'd for sure ruin it.
    ewils likes this.
  4. Well Jack just said it is for Microsoft Studios, but the original link is this.
  5. I don't care what people say or whether it will be okay or not, I'm worried, not for Minecraft, but for EMC. Minecraft has, to me, been at a standstill these last couple of months. Sure a new block or two, maybe an extra mob holds the community over for a while but I'm not seeing a great load of big features.

Simply put, I'd rather take everything on the EMC Roadmap than everything Mojang has to offer.
    spartan0405 likes this.
  6. Microsoft have not bought mojang for minecraft lets get that straight, they bought it for its community. The minecraft community is what is important and Microsoft will want to look after them and keep them happy, because in the long run its the community that will help make a lot of $$$ for Microsoft.

One are they will no doubt exploit will be advertisements, this is a big revenue area for them. The minecraft opening credit screen could be a possible host for such adverts. They will also give you the option to play the game on their mobile phones so more / increased sales there.

I have no doubt they will make some changes to the regulations on how servers make their money, maybe a share of the advertisement revenue like YouTube and Google's partnership program. There are many possibilities and it will take a bit of time to sort out.
    Grauhaar72 and 607 like this.
  7. Urm no. They bought Minecraft for Minecraft. Windows Phone isn't going to plan and it doesn't have Minecraft. If you can't get the developers to develop on your platform then buy them and make them develop on the platform.

Microsoft is trying to push mobile gaming forward with Windows Phone. Don't get me wrong, the community may have been of an interest, but nothing like the potential Minecraft has on any platform type.
    SoulPunisher and wisepsn like this.
    1. Microsoft publish their games on Steam. Plus, I doubt they will put it on Steam.
    2. Meh.
    3. It wasn't already?
    4. They could probably give them more experienced programmers, more money, and better resources.
    5. This, probably :p
    I don't get what all the hate is for Microsoft. People seem to forget that Activision and Electronic Arts are the 'evil' publishers, and that Microsoft publishes good games like Age of Empires and the Halo franchise etc..
  8. I really hope they don't ruin the game with micro transactions or "Minecraft 2.0" (AKA repurchasing the game) and so on.
  9. I fear for the future of Minecraft, I really do.
    ewils and cul1002 like this.
  10. I do too... I did hear that they are keeping the main developer for minecraft, so hope all goes well with that...
  11. Yay! Micro-Soft... Mine-Craft... Half Life 3 Confirmed!
    607 likes this.
  12. I would love it to be bought by Atari :rolleyes:
  13. I would love it if Mojang stayed where their roots are and kept themselves indie >.>
  14. *cough*ROLLERCOASTERTYCOON4*cough*
  15. Microsoft don't 'do' Microtransactions and probably wouldn't charge you for a '2.0'.
  16. They do, however, do DLC. *braces for DLC that adds ninjas to the game or something*
  17. So do the Minecraft console versions. If they add it to PC, who cares? Don't like it, don't buy it.
  18. true
    *crawls away in shame*
    honestly though, if they force skinpacks microsoft will become the 2nd most hated company in the world
    SoulPunisher likes this.