Embedding a countdown timer in a forum post...?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 99marvel, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Alright so, I was trying to do something cool. I wanted to have a countdown timer I could post in my auction bumps, but one that I could edit when new bids came in.

I found this site: https://countingdownto.com

It lets me create timers that can be embedded into a webpage, and lets my account on the site edit the end time, which updates live to the webpage it's embedded in. However, I can't seem to embed into an EMC forum post, no matter what I do it just pastes the code as plain text.

There is an option on the site to embed to an email, which which creates an image I can drag into a post, here's a countdown to Christmas:

I can edit this image so long as I keep the timer site tab open, and this image updates on any posts it is on. Only problem is that the site doesn't give me any way to save the editing tab to edit it later, so I'd have to keep the tab open throughout my auction in order to update it.

Anyone have a solution to this? Is there a way to insert html into EMC forum posts? What about being able to embed an image that I can change remotely?

Thanks for any help :)
  2. There's no way for members to embed HTML into a forum post.

That countdown seems fine to me though? (although I'm surprised it works properly, EMC's image caching can be a bit funky) Would work well enough for auctions with set end times. Shame the site doesn't support updates.
  3. Yeah, it would work great if I had set end times, but I usually do 'after last valid bid' auctions... which would be really cool to have a timer that updates. But maybe it's not meant to be... If that site just had one more option it would be perfect