Elder Scrolls Online!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Inuyasha1204, Mar 14, 2014.

1. :( You kind aruined my fun :p XD
  2. so overpriced >.< $65 for the beginning, plus $15 each month?!?
    I have a beta key, it's not that good.
  3. Here I am, about to make an ESO thread when I see this haha. I think a lot of the doubt is just shock from seeing an Elder Scrolls game that doesnt follow the usual Elder Scrolls style. Which, yes, is very true, but I think there's more to it then it seems. This game seems more of an Elder Scroll based MMO then an actual Elder Scrolls MMO.
    Gamplay wise, the new wide ranged PvP and PvE look absolutely amazing. Everything about it, Guilds, Campaigns, and being able to slay monsters with your friends is spectacular, at least imo.
    The only deal breaker here is the price, $60 up front and $15 a month (not to mention the OP imperial edition being $80). But hey, if after the games launch theres a drop in subscribers then chances are they'll make it free to play.
    In summary, I think as an ES game, it's , well, kinda boring. As an MMO, it's pretty damn great.
    cddm95ace likes this.
  4. all these negative comments comes from videos you have seen on youtube i bet :p I refuse to believe anyone who has actualy tried the game could say this nonsense.

Btw if you think there will ever be a great mmo without a monthly fee, think again.

About the game: Ive played the early access now, and it has been a great time for me atleast. The combat system is alot better than previous TES games, and has more longevity (aka u wont get bored of your class, since its dynamic progression feels awesome), the world itself is very nice, tho obviously not as slick as ultra HD skyrim is(for obvious reasons) but stil the best the mmo marked has to show for now.
    Questing so far has been very varied, and made me feel like im actualy doing a story, not just a grindtomaxlevelasapandstartraiding-y (like wow), which makes the early levels awesome too (not just the endgame like in all other mmos). Btw NOTHING beats firstperson combat in an mmo :D
    About quests: lots have changed since the beta( seeing as they actualy listen to their fanbase) such as questitems not beeing "respawnable", but 1 "zoned in" for every player (aka no waiting around for those damn quest items to respawn) Mob AI has improved and is by far the best mob AI ive ever seen.

As for negative aspects of the game... to much choise! I cant decide what style/class/race/faction i want to play :p arrrgh
    Kells18 likes this.
  5. Btw anyone who wants could just throw me a message, and we could try to organize ourself and make us a guild?
  6. Btw on pc! (hey you guys need to fix the edit function some time)
  7. Nope, completely wrong. I have played it now and have watched a friends play it. It is still bad for what you pay for, so bad that I wouldn't pay $5 a month to play it.
    Wow, didn't know that this over priced, over hyped, and utterly lame game had a mentionable fanbase lol.
    Edit:

It works just fine, you have to click it though.
    PandasEatRamen and Kephras like this.
  8. "Wow, didn't know that this over priced, over hyped, and utterly lame game had a mentionable fanbase lol."

5 million ppl registered for beta, 3 million _preordered_ the game. Yeah no fanbase.
    Kells18 likes this.
  9. I've played it for a while but was immediately not fond of it. Mainly cause I liked the previous Elder Scrolls games before it. While I think making an Elder Scrolls online aspect I wish they would go back and add DLC for online play in previous games. Oblivion for example, you could create your own guild and invite others to your world. The arena could be created to where you are matched up against player with relatively same stats, but I digress.

I could care less that there's a monthly fee just paying 20$ per month (which is less than most games I play and a little under Minecraft...) for a game whose graphics aren't as good as the previous ES, isn't worth it to me. I might play it if they lower the FPM.

Which is also one of the only things I didn't like about Morrowind: Too many choices. Don't get me wrong I could play Morrowind until my comp gives out but, I would never play a mage or thief.
  10. I was was part of the last several beta tests (Sanguine group). My opinions absolutely stand.

Guild Wars 2. 'nuff said.

You are welcome to your opinions. I respectfully disagree with most of them.

This one I'll grant you, they did a pretty good job with quests. Their leveling system is just completely weird though. Walk into a new area and suddenly your skills go up for no apparent reason.

Opinion again. Personally I don't use 1st-person view even in real TES games, except to snipe with a bow. But that's personal taste for you.

It's a respectable MMO. It is still a poor excuse for an Elder Scrolls game, on a fundamental level.

-Forced factions (unless you pre-ordered! $$$)
    -Locked race (unless you bought the Imperial Edition! $$$)
    -Game Purchase + Monthly Fee ($$$!!!)
    -Quest-locked areas (TES game: if you wanted to swim there, you should damn well be able to, IMO)
    -MMO-style leveled gear (TES game: if you sneak somewhere and find glass / daedric armor, you should damn well be able to use it)
    -MMO-style Themepark Progression (complete area, move on to next, no reason to return)
    ...I could go on, but the point is they developed an MMO and spray-painted on a coat of Elder Scrolls for flavor. It's a decent MMO. It's a lousy TES game.

EDIT:
    Based on the the Elder Scrolls name alone. Willing to bet more than 50% of those stop playing within the first three months (and that's being generous). Also willing to bet at least 33% drop in players inside a month.
    SDOliveira, Champ4now and jkjkjk182 like this.
  11. Personal views from you to, like the "gw2 nuff said".. Gw2 is the worst mmo ive ever played (personal view) anyways like u said thse things are all personal prefs. All I want to say is I love the game, and anyone who wants to play with me give me a hollar. And anyone who hates it, just play something else.
  12. After our first beta session with TESO, I fired up GW2 with my girlfriend. We had more fun exploring and doing the random area quests there than the whole weekend with TESO.
    Guild Wars did a better job capturing the exploration and adventure of an Elder Scrolls title than The Elder Scrolls Online did. As a longtime TES fan, that is inexcusable.
    And while many of my opinions are simply that, the money aspect is hardly a personal grievance:
    -Cost of Game
    --Cost of "Special" Edition (for things that are standard in Any. Other. TES. Game.)
    -Cost of Monthly
    -Cash Shop

The whole situation stinks of a cash-grab - as others have said before me, Zeni didn't learn anything from SWTOR and it'll be to their own detriment when that lesson sinks in.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  13. Should I be impressed? When people are denying free beta passes, there is something wrong. Is 5 million users really a decent number, especially for a game with practically infinite free passes? I am not surprised that 3 million people preordered it, it was incredibly over hyped and majorly pushed back. This game is an embarrassment to everything TES. Kephras said it best,
    It is practically a kit car. It looks cool on the outside, but is like everything else on the inside (except it costs more and is more restrictive).
    Kephras likes this.
  14. I haven't tried it, but Brit applied for Beta testing and made it. She waited forever for it to download and install, played it for a bit and hasn't touched it since. :/ Went to our local Game Stop and asked them, they haven't tried it but everyone they have talked to about it, hates it. I hear more people who don't like it than do like it.
    jkjkjk182 and Kephras like this.
  15. then you aren't very open-minded. I had no idea this game even existed until someone gave me a beta key. I played it, and in 30 mins the game succeeded to make me dislike the ES franchise. It has the quality of a F2P game, but you pay $65+$15/mo. just my two cents (wouldn't put any more into this game)
    Kephras and PandasEatRamen like this.
  16. Don't judge the whole ES franchise on this game. Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, etc are all fantastic games that I'd recommend, but from what I've heard ESO doesn't even come close.

I was really excited for this game but didn't get my computer built in time for the beta so I haven't gotten to try it. After reading these comments, seeing opinions elsewhere, and looking at the price I won't be trying ESO out. Too bad, this game had potential to be amazing.
    Kephras, PandasEatRamen and jkjkjk182 like this.
  17. Well, guess what I'm not buying any time soon! (I'm sticking to WoW for the same price as it's something I feel won't turn chaos quickly as nearly all MMOs are 3rd person and this one is apparently 1st) Anyway, after reading the (majority of) the wals of text by Kephras and the likes, all I can say is "Minecraft, guys. Seriously." One time payment, tons of possibilities and y'know, I bet at least 100% of you already bought it. :p
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  18. The idea of a standard MMORPG (trinity style) on a console sickens me. It's either "have six abilities total" or "use fake real-time combat that's just poorly disguised turn-based."

If there is supposed to be connectivity between console and PC, pretty much every PC user will play a broken game designed around a market where it isn't feasible. Let's also ignore the fact that their engine begins to fail when there are more than ~48 people in any given area.

That's my opinion on all of this, and unless they changed a ton of stuff (haven't checked in ages) it is still valid. Regardless, I can't afford a single MMO at the moment, so two is out of the question.
  19. True, but it's a saying that most definitely applies to the ability to game :)

Ask any married guy? lol
  20. Thank you for this thread. I am a huge Elder Scrolls Fan, and had wondered if this was even worth it. It is clear it's not worth it. So I won't bother.

So Thanks. :p