Easter Holiday Event

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by B4DMAN5IMON, Apr 16, 2017.

1. It looks like A LOT of work went into this. Just a quick thank-you to everybody involved.
    CDJS and N0TSURE like this.
  2. This event was really fun :D It was a bit challenging but I liked that because it brought some people together :) I must say I love everyone on smp7 we have such great people there. Our lil group worked together to find clues and to help each other get around the area. Parkour is not my strong suit so having someone who was patient lead me up the staircase was really nice :p These events keep getting better I can't wait to see what future events are like :D
  3. So Much fun best event i've been a part of so far!
    CDJS, ShelLuser, SirTah and 2 others like this.
  4. Dank showed me that sign yesterdays, although the second sign is gone... That is Simon's control room of some sort, with a reminder that the Build team rules (which it does, thanks for this!)
    CDJS, SirTah and N0TSURE like this.
  5. Based on the way Simon had to handle the stream version of the event, I'm fairly sure it's mainly disabled so the mechanics of the event don't break.
    CDJS, SirTah and ShelLuser like this.
  6. Yeah, I see that :)

Although I would have liked more player interaction (just saying) I also recognize the awesome game mechanic here. I'm playing with Aya at the time of writing and when I lost her in local chat I got suspicious ;) I think I know what you guys did here, it's so simple but that's what makes it brilliant (good stuff is usually very simple).

Sure, what I said up there still goes (a bit) but I also think it's a plain out brilliant game mechanic. Because this also prevents players from spoiling each others gameplay (maybe even accidentally). And that is a very good thing too :)

We just discovered that res chat does work, even if you're hidden from others. interesting ;)

Having a really good time so far!
    CDJS and 607 like this.
  7. Awesome storyline! Definitely a ton of work was spent on this.

I realize it said so in this thread, but it would be cool if after you went and spent an hour (or more) going through the story there was a little message that told you that the prize was mailed to you. I somehow got the idea it would just be in my inventory or unlocked in /promo and had a moment of panic thinking I'd somehow not gotten the promo due to a glitch or something.
  8. Ok.... It was amazing... the scavenger hunt was amazing... BUT I CANT GET THIS BONUS MESSAGE XD
    SirTah, CDJS, N0TSURE and 1 other person like this.
  9. Tried doing that, right/left clicking, standing in front of him, nothing.

Got it to work.
  10. too there is a glitch? when i handed the coco over i got stuck in the ground so unable to move i did /event
    that reset everything so now i have to collect everything from the start like carrots and all
  11. I finished in 10 min.
  12. Build team, this event is absolutely fabulous! Thank you for all your hard work in putting this event together. There was clearly a lot of thought that went into the design, story, and scavenger hunt. Love it all!
    CDJS, N0TSURE, Qkazooo and 2 others like this.
  13. Carpet. When the map switches this is a common thing. Just move in 1 direction and you will usually fix it without having to start over.

There was 2 occasions that I had to restart because the quests would not continue. 1 was trying to get the milk. I got the bucket but the villager would not trade it for a milk bucket. #2 was the cocoa mine. You have to talk to Hank first so he can tell you about the greedy dudes (forgot name :p) without him doing that, they do not spawn. Going back out did not fix it. Both times I have to restart by typing /event.
  14. this happened to me and Gage at the very end when we handed our chocolate egg to the assistant we got stuck in the ground. I don't remember how Gage got out but I just switched to a different smp then switched back and i was out of the ground.
    607 likes this.
  15. sometimes its because you left the earlier quest to soon
    i had the same problem
    went back to the place that gave you that quest and he will repeat it all again :p

16. Jokes on you I actually like this song
  17. yeah, finding these buttons are a pain
    CDJS likes this.
  18. I finished the story mode, and I like it! :)
    I was able to find where to go without too many problems, while there was still a sense of adventure and exploration. That's impressive, as usually my sense of direction with these kinds of things is terrible!
    SirTah, CDJS, N0TSURE and 1 other person like this.
  19. When I was reviewing before launch I felt the same way. It was just enough that I still got disoriented, but it wasn't complete loss of direction =P
    SirTah, CDJS, AnonReturns and 2 others like this.
  20. I went through the Story Mode finally (after roaming around) and I must say it was very well done. I appreciated the sign posts that changed to point the way. It was the perfect level of difficulty.

I had to give up on finding the buttons because even with the hints other players gave me I was not making progress. I'm glad there were two modes so everyone could get something out of it!

Good job build team!
    ShelLuser, SirTah, CDJS and 3 others like this.