E3 2018

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SoulPunisher, Jun 10, 2018.

1. I just wrote a bunch of stuff of on this and I don't have the energy to write more, but I've basically got a full run-down on the two over and done with conferences so far here (EA's) and here (Microsoft's).

DISCUSS.

I haven't seen anything I'm too interested in yet, besides Battlefield V, maaaaybe Anthem, and Dying Light 2. Sea of Solitude could be fun and I might pick up Unravel Two sometime. The Fallout 76 trailer almost made me explode in the same way Fallout 4 did almost three years ago, but I'm gonna need confirmation on what the gameplay is like, if they scrapped Fallout 4's crap dialogue system/voiced protagonist and rolled it back to Fallout New Vegas's, and if it's an MMO or not before I do that (I hope not lmao).
  2. This year's e3 for Nintendo was one of those that made me exhausted over hype, with Smash Bros. alone.

https://youtu.be/L93H7YC-83o

All characters in Smash history are in this Switch game.

New Fighters (no clones or echoes):

Inklings (Splitoon)

- Ink opponents to I'll say: "ichor" them, lowering their defense temporarily.

RIDLEY!! (Metroid)

- Ridley is one of the most requested fighters of all-time. He has appeared in every past Smash game as not a fighter.

- He had to be shrunken down to be a fighter. He's ~4 meters tall in-game. His signature tail stab attack has no knockback, but deals immense damage and disable opponents if done right. The footage of Ridley KO-ing Link with this Down Special was probably in a stamina battle.

Metroid Prime 4, Pokemon in 2019, and among other games were not shown in today's e3 direct, because, according to Bill Trinen speaking with IGN, Nintendo wanted to only show games set for release in 2018 or early 2019 at this year's e3. He clarifies that the games not shown are still in development.

A significant number of people were upset about Nintendo's e3 Direct, because they didn't show the games he/she wanted to see. It is impossible to please everyone.

I still don't have a Nintendo Switch myself yet. I am intentionally waiting till December or 2019 before I buy it.

Not ready to hit the switch. ;l
    607 likes this.
  3. Even though I fully committed to boycotting Just Cause 4 after the hot mess that was Just Cause 3's shoddy FPS and cheapo DLC, they've sucked me back in :mad: Dying Light 2 also looks very promising
    AltPunisher and ThaKloned like this.
  4. :p so your here just to talk about the newer releases? Pfff did you guys see the loads of new information on KH3? It... was... insane... and yay a official release date!

Also nice guys, but as for the Nintendo E3, this is just what they do, they love to save all the good stuff for a Nintendo Direct. Man let’s go Pikachu and Eevee are gonna make so many people happy, though I’m not so sure about the part where you catch Pokémon they way you do in Pokémon Go.
    607 likes this.
  5. Fallout 76 is on the 'definitely buying asap' card, right there with Doom Eternal (i know we dont see gameplay until August but the first one was good smh) and Assassin's Creed Odyssey (if you'd have told me 4 years ago Assassin's Creed was gonna become a Witcher style RPG set in Sparta I'd have laughed in your face).

I want to get my hands on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate too but i don't even have my own Switch lol

I'm all aboard the hype train for The Last Of Us Part II and The Ghost of Tsushima, hopefully both arriving in 2019. The Ghost of Tsushima is also set in my favourite part of Japanese history so extra bonus points. Still have no idea what Death Stranding actually is or what on Earth its about but the gameplay looked pretty good.

Gonna have to buy that Mario Party game soon too. On my own Switch. WHY DID THE SWITCH HAVE TO BE SO UNEXPECTEDLY GOOD??

Also, The Elder Scrolls VI. And also Starfield. No idea what those are yet but I'm all over them.
    PhoenixAffinity likes this.
  6. Honestly, I think that right from the initial reveal (as being the Switch, not the NX announcement) it was clear that this was going to be great. Just compare the announcement videos for the Switch and the Wii U... it seems like they looked at everything they did wrong for Wii U, and decided to not only do it right this time, but announce they were doing so from the start.
    So I'm not sure why it's unexpected for you. :p
  7. Nintendo always finds a way to bounce back, their system may not be as strong as Sonys and Microsoft’s consoles are, but what they do have going for them is their intuitive design and their lineup games.
    607 likes this.
  8. I haven't liked any Nintendo console since the GameCube. I thought the Wii was gimmicky and its games never interested me, and the Wii U was just... what were they thinking?

Then they announced the Switch, complete with things that sounded gimmicky on paper. But then it came out and they really weren't gimmicky, but new and innovative things to mess with.

Still didn't solve the issue of the games being uninteresting to me. But then they released Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, now they've got Hollow Knight and even Fortnite, with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and a bunch else on its way. Not my favourite games by any means (I prefer story-driven stuff like The Last of Us and Detroit:Become Human and RPGs like Fallout blahblahblah) but they're plenty of fun and worth getting, and probably have more replayability than the stuff I usually like.
    607 likes this.
  9. Nintendo won, the other companies were jokes, end of story.
  10. Personally I'd rate it
    1. Bethesda
    2. Sony
    3. Nintendo
    4. Ubisoft
    5. Xbox
    6. EA
    7. Square Enix (this one i agree was a complete joke)

Edit: Missed Ubisoft.
  11. I would argue that EA was much worse than Square Enix. How he mighty EA has fallen... :\
  12. I mean, EA showed stuff. Square Enix showed everything at the other conferences and then used their own to rerun trailers for 30 minutes, despite having Kingdom Hearts 3 to use as their main attraction and Just Cause 4 and Tomb Raider as icing on the cake.

EA released Unravel 2 and announced they'd picked up Sea of Solitude, and their Origin deal sounds great, which puts them way ahead of Square Enix's conference IMO. They still got absolutely blown out of the water by the other conferences, even the Xbox one which was fairly lackluster too.
  13. I was surprised to see that Microsoft, even though it was pretty watered down, had something to show this year. I guess this is where their efforts are going, because Windows 10 is beginning to suffer more; I guess this explains why so... Glad to see that they did better than EA.