E3 2016

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Mastism, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Isn't this the same Link that was announced at the beginning of last year and everyone thought he was female from the art design giving him a more feminine design and it went so viral that Nintendo commented on it say, Nope he's a he.. But because of the response led to the development of Linkle? :3
  2. Let's hope that Microsoft gets the Xbox One S done right. (Yes, I am referring to the Xbox One's rocky start.)
    ForeverMaster0 likes this.
  3. I want Pokemon Sun and Moon. The new Zelda game seems cool though and the NX was basically confirmed when they said it would be release both on the Wii U and the NX (at least I think this is true).
  4. I went and did it. Pre-ordered Mafia III. Saw the gameplay at E3 and just had to!
  5. So, Breath of the Wind.
    It's different, very much so. But that isn't necessarily a bad thing. We've had good "different" games before.
    I think the biggest change is not the refocus on exploration. As well, we've had that before, it was the original's main focus too.
    I think a more essential change is the focus on survival. Most other Zelda games I'd class as Puzzle Adventure, while this has a very big part of survival games in it.
    Instead of finding all of your weapons in chests or getting them from other people, you get many from other monsters. Moreover, weapons actually have limited durability. No more infinite swords here. But it works, because if your weapon breaks, you can get a new one from some monsters nearby.
    Then, another really big change: you won't be finding hearts in the grass, nor will the monsters drop them. You actually need to regenerate health by eating. And I don't mean stocking up on potions... actual food. In fact, you can't only find food, you can also cook! What does seem a bit odd to me, is that you can eat while paused. Doesn't that make you pretty much invulnerable when you've got a decent amount of hearts? Just pause and eat every time you get hit. But perhaps they've took that into account.
    And then... how come we haven't seen rupees yet? Are they not in the game? I could hardly believe that. Rupees seem essential to the Zelda franchise, to me.
    But well, there could be more we haven't been shown yet. In fact, I'm certain there's much more we haven't been shown yet. I mean, the only speaking character we've seen is the old man.
    It's hard to believe that'd be the only friendly NPC in the game. There must be more people to talk to.
    And there should be some kind of story, right? I think it would be very hard to tell a story without dialogue.
    So yeah... I think there's definitely much more to this game than what we've seen so far!
    But judging from what we have seen so far... I think this could be a really good game.
    It's different, and it could easily become a disappointment if not executed well. But looking at the games Nintendo has made in the past... I highly doubt they will mess it up. Nintendo clearly sees this as an important project, with the delays and the extremely high E3 coverage.
    So yeah... I think this will be a really solid game, earning a lot of sales and a lot of good reviews!
    jkrmnj and ForeverMaster0 like this.
  6. I think that we finally found a Zelda game that can out-live Ocarina of Time.
    I told my Mom I already found a new favorite game, and its not even out yet XD
  7. Nintendo said that they weren't showing off more NPCs, any villages, or any characters that effect the story at E3, as it would spoil the game. Breath of the Wild is probably the most anticipated game in the past 5, to even 10 years. Nintendo not showing any characters or story just adds to that, and I feel like its on purpose to ramp up hype even more! :)
  8. Definitely! I think they're doing it very well!
  9. It may be a fire hazard...
  10. More Pokémon Go information!
  11. Your post reminds me of when the Xbox 360 had the red ring of death and the fixes people had to do (with towels I believe?) to fix it.

Maybe if we're lucky, we may get another hit like the 360 was? (Or maybe not, yeah, probably not...)
  12. We got gameplay footage at E3 for the new Pokemon games yesterday... The battle music felt like a mix of Gen IV and Gen V.. but new at the same time. The new Battle Royale system is like a new multi battle and will give a certain Scrafty more content to upload... In conclusion, The hype train goes full speed ahead.
  13. The 3DS RPG didn't interest me at all. The Mario Party seems fun and solid, but nothing too special. I'm heading to bed now, so I'll miss tonight's Zelda bit.
  14. As a tester for Go, I think I am still bound by a verbal/ToS-type Non Disclosure Agreement over confirming or denying content found in-game that has not already been announced.. >,<'
  15. Huh? How do you mean?
  16. To maintain the mysterious allure of the game, field testers cannot spoil content that is not already made public knowledge.. Or so I hear. Basically, the ToS is summed up as a non-disclosure agreement to prevent too many leaks.. If you have noticed, data from non-official sources disappears rather quickly.. Including YouTube shutting down unauthorized videos of gameplay. And people don't realize but their screenshots and videos are "watermarked" with a UUID that links to their individual play account and the phrase "Confidential Do Not Leak". And punishment can include not just removal from the field test, but possible account banning from the live launch.. o3o
    607 likes this.
  17. Same here!

Also you probably seen this already ( like a 99% chance XD ) But Here You Go For All Those Poekmon Fans Out There: https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=HWWBX8Ia1CA
  18. They kinda revealed what that wireframe bird was from the first spoiler.. :3 Its the "Hawai'ian" (or should I say Alolan) equivalent to the Pidgey trio or other beginning bird trios from generations like the one that evolves into Talonflame.. Its called Pikipek:
    US Name: Pikipek
    Jp. Name: Tsutsukera (ツツケラ)

Type: Normal/Flying-type
    Classification: Woodpecker Pokémon
    Height: 1'00"
    Weight: 2.6lbs
    Ability: Keen Eye / Skill Link

Details:
    The wireframe for this bird was first shown in the trailer for Pokémon Sun & Moon. It was later shown as being available on Route 1 in the Treehouse Live @ E3. It evolves twice

Pikipek can strike 16 times a second with its beak. These strikes are powerful enough to not only drill through hard wood but even shatter stone. The noises made by their blows can signal others. Some of these signals have been identified as warning signals and greetings among allies. Pikipek Trainers have grown to recognize them as well. These Pokémon drill holes in trees and store food in the holes. They also like small, glittering objects and will tuck them away in their food stores, too. It’s often said, "Something lost, something missed, check inside the Pikipek nest." Pikipek will attack distant opponents by zipping seeds at them. These shots have enough strength to embed the seeds in tree trunks.
    607 and Lil_Spartan_Cat like this.
  19. I got to take a look at some gameplay footage of the new Zelda.

At this very moment, I believe this game has great potential to revolutionize its franchise, Nintendo, and the video game industry as a whole...

There's so much goodness that I can't pin-point at what stands out..
    607 likes this.