Dropped voting items when inventory is full

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Astromath1959, Nov 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As it stands now, the warning for dropped voting items is situated before the message about what you got. This warning can be easily missed. It happened to me.

I received some voting items (diamond, emerald, vault voucher). The diamond was in my inventory, but not the other two. I searched the chat as recommended by chickeneer in a PM. I found the warning after trying to find it 3 or 4 times. It appears that I've lost those items forever because it was my fault for not noticing the warning (I never looked at my feet either).

Enough history, now for the suggestion:

Instead of

Warning: You did not have enough room for all of the items, so they are at your feet. Please pick them up immediately.
    Mail from EmpireMinecraft: Vote Bonus 120 Reward
    Received: [Diamond], [Emerald], [Vault Voucher]

Do this:

Mail from EmpireMinecraft: Vote Bonus 120 Reward
    Received: [Diamond], [Emerald], [Vault Voucher]
    Warning: You did not have enough room for all of the items, so they are at your feet. Please pick them up immediately.

The suggested changes are placement of the warning and adding emphasis. If it was like my suggestion, there's no way I could not have noticed it.
    KatydidBuild, Fred_TWK and 607 like this.
  2. Sorry to hear you lost the stuff!

But just to clarify, the main change you want is the text in bold? I suppose that would help, but in my opinion the red text is pretty visible as it is. Nonetheless, bold text wouldn't hurt :)
    607 likes this.
  3. I think the main change is swapping the order of the messages, to be honest.
    When the chat scrolls because new messages came in, you'll be looking at the bottom to read them.

I personally think that making the text bold wouldn't be necessary if the other idea is implemented, and would only make the message less readable.
    Fred_TWK likes this.
  4. Yeah. I never saw the red warning text at all. And I never saw the dropped items. I'm hoping staff will consider my suggestion.

P.S. If anyone is willing to donate a vault voucher, let me know. I'll even trade for it with redstone. Any further discussion will take place in the market forum. Just PM me. Thx.
    KatydidBuild likes this.
  5. Update: Donation was sent and received. Any more will be sent back. Thx everyone.
  6. I do agree with this suggestion.
    The way it is now, it's pretty easy to miss the warning.
    And the green text from the mail kinda states that you got the items.
    So it would be more logical if the warning would happen afterwards.

I have never had an issue with it, but i do understand how it could be one.
    607 likes this.
  7. I have actually had similar happen to me.
    Most often happens when players sent mail besides the voting mail items I was expecting. Usually have a number of empty inventory spots open for expected mail.

To clarify: I use the /get mail
    Command so I don't see what it will be until it delivers.

The warning after other comments seems much more intuitive and proper.
    607 likes this.
  8. I love this idea! +1 I'm wondering if I am understanding correctly tho. My thought of this suggestion is to simply NOT allow you to get mail if your inv is full. A warning sign- Inventory is full. NO MAIL DELIVERED. I also do as Katydoes and not use preview mail 1st. I like the surprises but sometimes it's a friend spamming with 4 boats and 3 hoes lol. I even had 4 slots open but I got 6 shulkers full of items, with 2 at my feet. I still won't preview mail because I know how it works.

After being on EMC a while I've learned to clear up inv before I do /mail get but for the new players they may not understand or know to do so. A change, any change is good in my opinion here.
  9. In my case, I simply forgot.
    Merek_Shadower likes this.
  10. With last night's update, we are sending the dropped at your feet message later to better help ensure it has been seen.
    Astromath1959, 607, Fred_TWK and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.