Do you respect me?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Kephras, Sep 17, 2015.

?

Respect Level:

5 - I pray in front of your shrine every morning and evening 26 vote(s) 32.1%
4 - I click 'like' on everything you write, just because I can 11 vote(s) 13.6%
3 - You're cool. We should chill sometime. 37 vote(s) 45.7%
2 - You're okay, but I wouldn't vote for you. 15 vote(s) 18.5%
1 - I'll try not to swear at you, too much 9 vote(s) 11.1%
0 - You are not worthy of being my pet worm, cretin! 17 vote(s) 21.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I haven't spoken with you much, but from your posts you seem like a great member of this community. I would be more than happy to get to know eachother. :)
    BurgerKnight and Kephras like this.
  2. I'm sorry sir, but are you judging me for my shrine to you? ;(
    khixan, BurgerKnight and Kephras like this.
  3. As long as it has a tiger plushie in it, no.
  4. There's 7 actually, 1 for each day of the week. Each has a neat suit as well, and of course reading glasses
    607, BurgerKnight and Kephras like this.
  5. Who are you? Jk, you seem cool. I respect everyone, it's up to you to lose it from there.
  6. I've been trying, but it doesn't seem to work! :eek:
    607, khixan and BurgerKnight like this.
  7. All hail Kephras.
    Penguinub and Kephras like this.
  8. Yeah, I guess I should be a bit more serious compared to my last comment...

Kephras, I can't say that I really respect anybody that I meet online as there's just a disconnection, but (unlike the English language) there's only one complete exception, which is you (sorry literally everybody I met online besides Kephras that reads this). I've always been told I have a way with words, but it's never happens when I try for it, which is the reason I first started to admire your work. Either you have a way with words whenever you want, or you have the patience to wait for it. Either way, I wish I was the same way. Then, once I started to get to know you a bit better from town chat, I started to respect you for how helpful you were in the community. For the longest time, I was convinced you were an alt of a staff member, to be honest. After I moved to SMP8 and was able to see you in action for a while, you changed me at least a bit. I vaguely remember when I first joined about 3 1/2 years back now and, well, I never helped people. I got upset when people went against what I expected. I just simply tried to play a community game by myself. Now, maybe some of the change is maturity with age, but I'd like to think you were at least a decent chunk of influence on me. Heh, even your building style has shaped me. Just take a look at my first res. It's pretty much your build style + my lack of planning + several month-long gaps in building, but at it's core, it's very reminiscent of your residences... and honestly, my building style before that was horrendous. I have to say, if I ever found a polytheistic religion, you will be the god of the arts, respect, and pans-galactic banks.
  9. I may not know you directly but you still have my respect. From what I observe from your posts and the people around you, I can tell you are an extremely versatile personality. Fun to be around, comedic, and silly but when called for can be serious and argue a very strong, constructed point. Always a joy to read what you have to say. :)
    Kephras likes this.
  10. Who are you?
    khixan, BurgerKnight and Kephras like this.
  11. Someone who questions how much respect they have loses the right to be respected.
    All kidding aside, from what I read about you and what you post on the forums, you seem pretty cool.

I would like to get to know you better, but I am not usually on smp8 :/
    Maybe if you come to the lesser-known smp3 *hint hint* maybe we will get some more people who are active on the forums also.
    Kephras likes this.
  12. This thread basically invites terrible jokes, but for some reason, I have none to make.

Of all the people on the Empire, in some* respects you are the person that I admire most on EMC. A large part of this is because of your writing ability. As somebody who has always enjoyed writing and hopes to one day publish a book of some kind, the depth and emotion with which you write is astounding. Now, you might think it rather shallow to base a large portion of one's judgement on their high level of writing ability, but if there's one think to be learned about writing, it is that no matter who you are or where you come from, it is impossible to keep yourself completely out of your writing. The writing says something about the author.

And what your writing, from your shortest stories to your silliest threads to your most commonplace posts, say that you are a deep, respectful, well-intentioned person who DESERVES the admiration of others. You have always been positive and helpful on the forums and ingame, and you never fail to make me laugh when I need it, nor do you fail to make me consider topics and ideas that I never would've considered. So do I respect you? Absolutely.

*Note that I make the distinction of some, but not all, respects; no matter what my level of admiration for you or anyone else, nobody can be absolutely perfect and better in EVERY way than everyone else; for example, if I'm ever feeling seriously down or life is just kind of sucking, the first person I go to is Fendy. He's always been there for me for that kind of thing EMC-wise, and nobody else here could replace that.
  13. None at all? :( I basically made this thread so people could laugh at me and poke fun (and I expected way more worm responses, truth be told). Instead people are all like "yeah, we genuinely like and respect you," and I'm like "Agh, don't feed the ego! It's cute now, but in a second it'll get mean and ugly somehow..."

*ahem* So yeah, mocking the tigger is perfectly cool here, no one's gonna get reported if they want to roast me (within reason, of course).
    So what you're saying is, in order to continue my ascension, I must slay Fendy and absorb his power...
    This godhood thing seems kinda harsh all of a sudden.:confused:
  14. Fine. Every time I read your writing, this is my reaction:

Happy now? :p
  15. I once thought I respected Keph, before I realized I had spent the last hour talking to his head on the wall. Quite frankly, I respect the head more, and provided much more stimulating conversation.
    Kephras and ChamelonNYC like this.
  16. I respected you until you dragged us all 100k into the wild and then you went "meh, not feeling it today...". That was over 6 months ago :p

I love you in spite of this :D
    ChamelonNYC and Kephras like this.
  17. Here's a conspiracy theory for ya...

What if Keph is just one of those robot response things like Cleverbot, and that's why its writing is so beautiful?
    Kephras likes this.
  18. All I'm going to say is, Simx was President of EMC. Then he left.

So we need a new President.
    607 and AliceTheFox like this.
  19. Were you talking to me I would love too :p
  20. Get the votes and I'll consider it.
    Kephras, 607 and 8808 like this.