Do stone bricks exist in real life?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by 607, Aug 14, 2020.

?

Have you ever drawn a tileset? (including but not limited to Minecraft texture packs)

Yes. 3 vote(s) 50.0%
No. 3 vote(s) 50.0%
  1. Hi, it's me again!

I'm making a video game for my toddler cousins, in which as part of the graphics I am reusing tiles I drew for Iter Lanatae, a game I made for my best friend's birthday 3 years ago. However, I'd like to redo the stone tiles, as they are simply one grey square, without any structure or texture in it.

The marble texture isn't great either, I do quite like the brick wall and the hedge tiles, though.
    I first had a cobblestone-like texture in mind, but am now considering a stone brick texture, as it wouldn't look as busy. However, I just wondered... do stone bricks actually exist in real life? I googled the question but couldn't find anyone else asking the same. :p
  2. This is honestly an eyeopener to me, as I've been wondering this ever since they were added to minecraft, and it has never once came into my mind that stone bricks were that. :oops: Mystery solved! :D
  3. Ah, those are stone bricks? They remind me more of the regular bricks (made from clay) than the stone bricks, as far as Minecraft textures go. :p
    Wow, those are actually as huge as the ones in Minecraft! Cool find. :D
  4. They get even bigger than that:

(Mycenae - 1350-1200 BCE - They are refered to as the "Cyclopean walls")
  5. That's impressive, thanks for sharing!

My tiles are done. :)

I decided to keep the old ones as well (you can see one in the bottom left corner), in case I'll have a use for them once. :)