[DISCUSSION] What are your favorite and least favorite Minecraft biomes?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by We3_MPO, Feb 27, 2017.

1. My favorites:
    1. Jungle, because they have a vibrant foliage color and are very pretty.
    2. Savanna, because the acacia trees look cool, they can have villages, and are flat.
    3. Ocean islands of pretty much any non-snowy biome, because it just seems to bring a feeling of peace and paradise.
    My least favorites:
    1. Normal taiga, because they are very lackluster and relatively monochromatic.
    2. Normal forest, because they don't have any aboveground generated structures unless there's a village nearby, and don't have as much variety plant-wise.
    3. Deep Ocean, because the mineshafts in those areas look unrealistic and there's nothing cool other than islands, beaches, and ocean monuments. Even the ocean floor is very boring.
    Feel free to share your thoughts!
    Echelon815, CDJS, JesusPower2 and 2 others like this.
  2. EMC res is my favorite biome.
    NuclearBobomb, Jelle68 and ShelLuser like this.
  3. My favorite biomes are the Extreme Hills / Extreme Hills+ because of all the emeralds and the rather extensive caves and mineshafts which you can often find (my all-time favorite Minecraft activity is cave exploration / mining). Next I also like the swamps because of all the clay which you can find (I really enjoy clay for its somewhat extensive "tech tree" (from clay balls to bricks or stained clay).

Runner up: forests. I don't know, but every time I come across a forest in the Overworld it just looks nice to me.

Least favorite: Roofed forest. Often causes lag, and I really dislike traveling through it, especially if you manage to end up below the trees. Followed by a Jungle also because of the more difficult navigation.
  4. My favorites are jungle due to the dense foliage, and plains because it is an easy biome to build on.
    My least favorite is the taiga variants because there is to much brown, and is difficult to make builds fit in nicely.
    CDJS, ShelLuser and We3_MPO like this.
  5. Favorite is Savanna M, that's the version of Savanna that (I think) can reach y=200.
    Least favorite could be taiga or jungle. I like having a jungle nearby but I don't want to walk through it. :)
    CDJS, ShelLuser and We3_MPO like this.
  6. My favorites are Mega Taiga, Extreme Hills (Especially in an amplified world), and Jungle Edge, and least favorite are Savannah, Ocean, Roofed Forest, and Birch Forest. May explain if I remember tomorrow.
    BurgerKnight, CDJS and We3_MPO like this.
  7. As some of you migh know, I hate the vanilla trees, wich means I basicly don't like any biome in minecraft... Actually, what I did in my singleplayer world (a long time ago) was removing all trees in the nearby forest to change them all to costum trees, they were ruining my vieuw...
    Annyways, I think my favourite biomes are savanna, ice plains spikes, the mega tagia, mushroom island and mesa (bryce). I like them becuase they are open enough to build annything in it, but are present enough to toggle your creativity and make you use the biome whilst building.

my least favourites are: extreem hills (m) and all kinds of oak & birch forests. since I think the extreem hills (m) (The one with about no dirt, only stone and gravel) just looks boring and basicly bad, also, the forests, I think I explained that...
    We3_MPO and CDJS like this.
  8. Well, my favorite for exploring is the nether. My favorite for resource gathering is also the nether. But my favorite for building is . . . actually nether as well. My answer is the nether.

These are my least favorite.
    We3_MPO, CDJS and Equinox_Boss like this.
  9. My favorite is Jungle cause it's so green. I'm Irish so kiss me. :cool::p

My least favorite is a snowy biome. I like it when it's hot out. ;)

So what biome is your res biome? :eek:

I'll Nether except this biome as a favorite. :rolleyes:
    We3_MPO, Echelon815, CDJS and 2 others like this.
  10. I'd expect nothing less from a flame broiled burger, this is the perfect Biome for BurgerKnight.
    Echelon815, CDJS and MajorHaze like this.
  11. I like Extreme hills, savannah and plains because theres horses/llamas there ocean is fun for boat rides, and mesa is fun for clay and gold in those new mineshafts

I dont like jungle/forest because theyre hard to get throgh with a horse
    We3_MPO likes this.