[DISCUSSION] SGDQ 2018

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CoffeeAffinity, Jun 23, 2018.

?

Have you donated during any of the GDQ events?

Once 0 vote(s) 0.0%
None 7 vote(s) 87.5%
Several times! 1 vote(s) 12.5%
  1. You got a higher level of tolerance than I do, because after seeing GDQ for what they really are, I was turned off from watching any of their future videos. I still go back and watch the old ones from 3-4 years ago, but anything after 2015, not a chance...
  2. I'll watch that after the event. :)
  3. To me looked like a couple of folks were banned and salty about it. I appreciate these charity events as well as the volunteers who donate their time and expertise.
    PhoenixAffinity and OriginalScuf like this.
  4. I accidentally clicked 'Skip Ad' on an ad I was enjoying. D:
    Oh well, I guess I'll head to bed then... should be better anyway. ;)
    PhoenixAffinity likes this.
  5. I've never had Pepsi, but now I wonder what it's like. :p
    Edit: For reference, to those who missed this run.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  6. This dude's cute.

(and now I'm missing the rest of the interview because of posting here, oops)
    TomvanWijnen and PhoenixAffinity like this.
  7. Dang, these last few days were brutal. I’m gonna check TMRs Cuphead Run to see how it went, and if his execution of certain tricks worked.
    607 likes this.
  8. This afternoon, evening and night there were runs I'd like to watch, but we had our last day of school, followed by a closing (not sure if that word's used here) in church... so I don't really have time or energy left right now. :/ I had an extremely good day, at least!! :)
    It'd just have been nicer if the event was one week later, for me. :p
    Edit: I'm watching it anyway. xD
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  9. The Super Mario Maker blind 3V3 race was awesome!!

Edit: And the Hard Level Exhibition was astonishing. :eek: Incredibly impressive.
  10. This is kind of off-topic, but still about speedrunning. This video is actually quite funny, its about a guy asking the speedrunner if he did a glitch in glitchless several times during a speedrun
  11. That’s still GDQ related, so at least you were close. I remember that run, it’s funny how the runner didn’t admit to this not being a actual glitchless run.
  12. Probably the most recent classic moment. I think this will be remembered together with "I'd really prefer if you were quiet" and "Can you stop?". But perhaps it'd be better if moments like these weren't brought up so much. They're not what the event is about and are rather rare, even though it is inevitable that such things will come up. :)
    PeculiarPotato likes this.
  13. I've now watched the video. And I am relieved, as everything seems fine. :) Yes, GDQ staff have made some mistakes... I could've predicted that. They've had to deal with a lot of different people. But I think they're doing well!
    The only thing that video did point out and makes me wish for a change to be made: I think Mature rated games shouldn't be allowed at GamesDoneQuick events. I get that the game doesn't represent the charity, but the games are a central part of the GDQ format, and the staff is responsible for keeping the games responsible.