Discussion. "Pay to win" issues...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Raaynn, Jul 10, 2017.

1. There is not much of a "sparkle" to EMC. There are very few gameplay changes. Sure, you have minibosses and enraged, that's awesome. But we've had those. For years. And it's not like they are some massive addition to the game. In fact, it's almost pointless to fight minibosses at this point. The gear just doesn't sell like it used to, so those things are ignored by a good bit of people, and seen more as a nuisance than as a relevant addition, or at least it is to the people I talk to and have played with. Now what else do we have. We've got protected blocks. Something that almost every server has some form of, and we technically had a form of that already, and that was banning the people caught griefing. We've got plots? Yah so does almost every other survival server. I've likely forgotten stuff here, but there isn't much special that EMC has to offer like you're saying.
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  2. to me those things are just add on's or extras the main focus for the most part has been "play your way". Yeah the custom aspects aren't all glitter and gold but there are things you can do besides those in town, out in the waste, with friends, or yourself. As for the game play change those doesn't need to be a change in game play this server is semi-vanilla not a modded mini game server with 10 different gamemodes.
    607, AyanamiKun and BenMA like this.
  3. ur right, but it also depends on what game u play. when im in town and go out into the waste to mine i usually ignore mini bosses & sometimes fight enraged but the reward is a bit meh.

but when i play survival @ my outpost enraged become a really good income to extra stuff. enraged can drop diamonds, special arrows, bows, golden apples and even emeralds. thats a quick way 2 get more stuff.

i got 20 diamonds @ OP and i only mined 4.

so i think it also depends on the way u play.

also... protected blocks > land claiming.

i play on some other survival servers and unless they use griefprevent its not always easy 2 get ur land claim in. u have to ask admins to protect ur land. and when u try to play with a friend u have to ask the admins again to add ur friends. and when u get into a fight or the other peep is a turd u need to ask admins again to remove them. admins arent always online.

on emc i just build stuff and its protected. I do: /friend add, and ppl can build with me. and if i get into a fight? /fr remove, and /ignore and theyre gone.

and if servers do use griefprevent u usually get a small piece of land which is hardly big enough 2 build a house on :(
    607 likes this.
  4. I have absolutely no servers what you're playing on, but you aren't playing on the right ones. PLENTY of good servers have a land claiming plugin that uses a golden shovel as a claim wand, and by spending time playing/voting you increase your claim blocks. You can automatically add people to your claim with commands and everything.
    RS_Ultimate and AyanamiKun like this.
  5. This is so far off topic and needs a diff thread EmpireMall
  6. you just gonna try and call me out alone here? If you're gonna call me out you need to do it to everyone else who is discussing the topic, including Aikar. If anything this post is more off topic than any of ours, because at least we branched off of the main topic, and it's still a relevant conversation.
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  7. yus, thats griefprevent. its a good plug and ur right, more time = more blocks. but blocks isnt the same as claims.

sometimes u can only get 2 claims and more if ur supporter. on emc i got tons of builds on smp2, smp4, smp9 some on smp6 all protected b/c of block protect, thats why i think block protect is better than claiming b/c u build and u claim, doesnt matter how much.

i think block protect is less pay 2 win than claiming.
    607 likes this.
  8. Also not a huge impact on requirements but allows some variation from vanilla that is not found on most survival servers.

The way it is implemented is very easy to use and control. Not all have that.

Again, I just want to note that the fairly seamless movement between 10 different servers of "town" type servers is not something the others have. The number of controls you have over each person with no staff impact is quite astounding.

We didn't touch on the other quick movement commands available in town, the easiest shop set up I've seen on any server. One of the best web sites and wiki for a minecraft server I've seen. The split wild and waste lands create unlimited resources for an almost unlimited frontier area as well as the multiple ends and nethers which exist on each smp.

May I ask what type of phone you use? ...or which web search engine? Do you like Coke, RC or Pepsi better? ...I don't really want to know those things, though you are more than welcomed to answer, but think of EMC as a brand. You most likely pick which other things you buy or support in life based on not just having a feature but which one implements and supports it the best. So the argument that most or many others have some feature is meaningless unless they have all of them and have done it better.

I guess in the end, if you no longer like your phone, game or server, there is the choice to change. As a pretty big fan of EMC I'd prefer we all stay on, stay active, live, prosper and have fun. I can't decide for you or anyone else what you should chose to do.
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  9. sounds more like salty players being salty....
    NathanRP and The_Boulder like this.
  10. Ok, so I only read through the first page of this (I'm stuck at my irl job).

I agree with Raaynn 100%! This is how he choose to play to get the most enjoyment out of it, period. Isn't that the point of ANY game, enjoyment???

I was a paid supporter for a year (6mo renewing gold subscriber). But I've had to make some irl budget adjustments and EMC was one of the cuts. I now buy supporter vouchers with rupees. I basically live in the wild and like being a supporter mainly to talk in town chat & help support the server. Weather I buy the voucher with rupees or irl money... the result is the same.

I personally use EMC to check out from my real life & to de-stress. For me, that is making mob farms and other builds in the wild. If rupees were not a thing and we had no economy on EMC I'd still be doing the same thing I am now only I wouldn't chat with people as much (or it would be a lot more PM's).

I welcome the service of people buying vouchers to sell for rupees as it benefits me. I never really understood why someone would but that's because I enjoy gathering my own resources and basically "living off the land" so to speak. But that's just how I choose to relax and enjoy my time on EMC.
    CARZOMG, 607, mjnoe70 and 3 others like this.
  11. Me Too. Tried to click like 10 times, but the system doesn't allow it, haha
    Mob_Meal, AyanamiKun and AncientTower like this.
  12. NathanRP and AyanamiKun like this.
  13. Same here, not sure about the rupees thing. Senior player blog is pretty inactive. CARZ - smp1 SW spawn N and S Outposts in the wild.