[Discussion/Ongoing event] 2018 World Cup

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by ItsMeMatheus, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Thank you so much! Stakes have been raised, less than 2 hours to the start! Last chance to participate!!!
  2. how do i participate?
  3. All info is on the first post.
    607 likes this.
  4. nfm got it info sent in
  5. Wohoooo handed the form in 23 minutes before it closed, even though I saw this thread before there were any replies.... :p Anyways, good luck to all teams! :) And, thanks for hosting this, Matheus! :)
    padde73 likes this.
  6. I'm ready to watch Russia-Saudiarabia! 20 mins to go :D
  7. Just submitted my prediction with 6 minutes to spare. Thanks for the fun guessing giveaway.
    607 likes this.
  8. Since I haven't seen any more WC threads, this can now be used as 2018 World Cup discussion!
    Great performance by Russia so far!
    Tuqueque and ThaKloned like this.
  9. That moment when you leave for 1 minute to pee and miss the second goal :/
  10. Wow what a first game!

5-0 :)

Tuqueque likes this.
  11. Spoiler! :confused:
    fBuilderS likes this.
  12. Great seeing Saudi Arabia knocked out. Can't wait for the same to happen to Russia eventually :p
    607 likes this.
  13. Not for me just figured some might not have seen it :D
    fBuilderS likes this.
  14. It won't happen for a while, Russia has a bunch of new, young players on their roster now and I see some victory in their future. Maybe they won't win but they should get pretty far.
    607 likes this.
  15. I hope they win that would be great
  16. I'm honestly praying that they don't. I don't have anything against the players or the team, but I don't want Russia to have any more national prestige gained from this event. They don't deserve it.

Maybe I'll hope they get far or even win some other time when they don't risk killing dozens of people in my country with a nerve agent, get their armed submarines away from vital power lines that connect the UK to the rest of the world, and stop meddling our elections to put a plan written in a fascist book into motion. But for now I just... can't even wish the best for their team :p

I'm just glad Saudi Arabia got egg on their face. I'd love for Russia to get some next at their own event :rolleyes:
    PackerFan and 607 like this.
  17. Not trying to attack you but I just see no reason to bring politics into this. It's soccer, its a event loved by many, many who honestly don't care about politics. I personally want to see Russia do well; one, because I have roots from there and two, its always nice to see the host country do well. When you win you don't get anything like nuclear codes or world leadership, you are just crowned with having the better all around soccer team. You are viewed as a greater country because your players can move a ball around better, so why does it matter. I just dislike that things even like sports have to be ruined because of politics. Either way good luck to all, let's have a fun and safe world cup.
    padde73, Elite, ThaKloned and 3 others like this.
  18. Portugal x Spain is HEATED! Anyone else watching?
    padde73 and Tuqueque like this.
  19. Im about to join in lol, been bussy all morning
  20. You just missed Cristiano's first movement being a penalty goal (lol), Spain scoring then nearly scoring again in 3 mins, plus CLASSICO IBERICO!!!
    Elite and fBuilderS like this.