Development Update [Sep 28, 2012]

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Sep 28, 2012.

1. .....Not really. It is being made to come out as a Halloween update. So it will most likely come out near then.
  2. True but still you never know.......
  3. We will always be constrained by Bukkit's work to update to the next version.

We will likely never be at the point we update on the same day as final.

Dragon Tomb is going to be "pushing it" to make it by October, as theres so much we really need to do before then.

I think I'll at least hold off on Residence until after Dragon (or hopefully Justin can pick that up)
    but the current planned order is:

• Finish Entity Limiter - This has gone some major rewrites since the current build running. I'm still learning Java, so I refactored a ton to make the code cleaner... The counting is going to be very accurate and not fluctuate when I'm done (which is important for not accidentally killing animals/monsters when not over limit)
    • Do some core code rewrites - The next 2 things after this relies on some Core Code being improved, and this Core code rewrite comes with some major performance benefits (reduced lag even more)
    • Secret Update - This will be a surprise. But it is something that will be used for the Dragon Tomb update. This new feature simplifies many logic problems with the Dragon Tomb experience, and it was something planned (well, part of a larger plan). So doing this specific part of it ahead of time is definitely needed. (This is one of those features that doesn't impact existing systems, and people do not have to use if they do not want to :))
    • Dragon Tomb
    • Residence Update - This is REQUIRED for the Wilderness Update
    • Remaining part of the Secret Update - Major Feature - This will be announced (and feedback taken) once the first part is done. The first part of this system (that comes before the dragon tomb) is going to be very basic and simple. This remaining part will become a lot bigger.. so that is where we need your feedback!
    • Wilderness Update - Major Feature - Depends on the remaining part of the secret updates,
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  4. Good thing you said that now we know what to expect in the near future
  5. Hey aikar the sever has started to lag fps wise what is going on?
    Are you trying a new bug fix?
  6. Ok so Review/Summary (I am guessing)
    Entity Limiter Fixes
    Rewrite Code
    Mysterious Update
    Dragon Tombs This Month (hopefully)
    Res Updates
    Finish Mysterious Update
    Wilds Update

Please use this as a public checklist so we know what is done and what is next to be done

I hvae asked alot for some news behind the scenes of emc