Derelict residence

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by ThoughtwftGambit, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Hello, hoping I picked the right spot to post this, I was wondering about a few derelict residence's, as I'm currently looking to claim one after switching my primary smp.
    How does the process of a res going from derelict to unclaimed work? I have my eye on a couple possible ones that are near where I want to set up but I was hoping to avoid force claim (for the rupees and in case someone knows more info about the possibility of a return of the res owner) would my best bet be to talk to a mod next time I see one online? (smp7) Thanks in advance. :)
  2. A derelict res will only go away when it is either force claimed by a player, or given to a new player. Basically the only way to have an unclaimed res is for someone to unclaim it themselves.
    ShelLuser, Sgt_Pepper4 and Tyron87 like this.
  3. Thank you, that helps :) now just the tough decision
  4. Residences are reset (as needed) on each SMP when a certain threshold of open (derelict) residences is met - there is no specific timer. The reset logic is also based on reclaiming newer to older residences. So the longer a residence has been around, the longer it takes to be reset. Hope this helps. Honestly it is probably not worth your time to wait for an automatic reset. I would farm materials, sell them, save the money, and forceclaim the one you want yourself. :)

-ET
  5. Eviltoade to the rescue again, tyvm for the detailed information, exactly what I needed to know before my big decision. :)
    Eviltoade likes this.
  6. Also if you plan on forceclaiming multiple residences, you should beware of your cap. It doesn't look like you're a supporter currently so you're limited to one res unless you're using alts or something.
  7. Also if you don't vote, voting is a great way to make extra rupees.
    ShelLuser likes this.