Derelict Bug?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by McFreakingLoseIt, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Hi, I was looking to get another plot and investigated the empty plot next to me that is occupied. The player (kimydog) hasn't been online for 120 days and her plot hasn't gone derelict yet, i was wondering if this was a bug or i didn't read the derelict information page correctly
  2. The same thing has happened with another plot next to mine (diamond13556) he hasn't been online for 203 days
  3. And themusicluvr (311 days)
  4. and lastly ElmofiedBoby last seen 125 days ago
  5. When new players join they get open Residences first then as those get close to running out, the system frees up derelict ones. You can use /forceclaim to claim any of the Residences you listed.
    Baradar67 and Hunger_Games_Fan like this.
  6. Nevermind, i worked it out
  7. Thank you Pab10S
  8. Two things... First: if you have something more to add to your original post then it is sometimes better to edit your post instead of adding a new one. See the 'Edit' link at the bottom. So, in this case it might have been easier to simply edit your first post and add those names instead of replying to the thread again. It keeps the thread easier to read.

Second: I know it's been resolved and all but I figured I'd still respond in case any readers with the same problem come across this thread...

You can use the /p command to check a players status. So if you do: /p <name> you can check if a player is derelict and if so you can forceclaim their residence. The reason why the residences you mentioned haven't been reset yet is because of the derelict system. If an older player goes derelict then the system won't immediately reset their residence, that only happens when the server is running out of available (open) residences for new players. The older you are, the lower the priority gets to reset your residence.
    BlinkyBinky likes this.
  9. there is a bug with the system derelict, i just never remember to go fix it when i have time.

it can be reclaimed by players though.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  10. also another thing to double check, just in case, is if the player has derelict protection. Some people may pay to get perm protection and then their res will never go derelict. I know Aikar said it is a bug, but this is more for the information of anyone that comes across a res that has perm protection. I personally have no idea who has that and who doesn't, but it is something to keep in mind when you are looking to claim unused residences.