[DENIED SUGGESTION] New Color For Diamond Rank

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Seanawesome14, Aug 6, 2015.

?

Do You Likey?

+1 14 vote(s) 32.6%
-1 27 vote(s) 62.8%
This is the Stupidest Suggestion Post Ever Made in EMC History 2 vote(s) 4.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. It actually effects everyone that plays on emc :p not to mention there is a lot of us that are usually diamond but the economy irl sucks right now. Then there are others that aspire to get diamond.

Either way -1.
    The OP is pretty off on the colors but they have been shown in other posts. The suggested color does look more like Diamonds but why change it? The current color isn't so dark that its hard to see and the proposed color is one that is a shade that "excites" the eyes. When I'm looking at chat I would rather the actual rank be a secondary thing with the chat channel being the more "exciting" color. As it is the colors seem to work well together. I suppose the only way I would really know my preference is to see it used in game with everything else but from what I'm imagining it would just be a headache.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. The current is too bland, and unappealing in my opinion. The brighter color looks a lot better.

Nccoryg
    Nccoryg

The second looks much better and I think many other Diamond Users would agree.
    Not to mention you complain that color to be "exciting" and a headache while you use it in your signature.
    Seanawesome14 and Traynfreek like this.
  3. Agreed on this, I disliked moving to diamond from gold probably because it wasn't as shiny. I also agree that iron should be changed probably to some pale red (ok, pink) shade as I sometimes don't notice iron supporters in the list, it can look very white against certain backgrounds/lighting.

4. Yup, and almost every bit of my comment was on how it would look in chat versus the rest of the chat colors, not in my signature where I am advertising something and want to draw as much attention to it as possible :p
  5. We still have to look at you.

6. Exactly. So choose the better looking color.
  7. The muted, less garish one? Already did. ;)

There's nothing wrong with having an opinion, Nccoryg. Just don't be a jerk about it. The whole point of my post was that yes, it does affect everyone else. There's no call for being rude or condescending to people who (for a myriad of possible reasons) do not support at the diamond level.
  8. *calls meeting of the jerks in the suggestion box while standing on the box* now now can't we all just get along? kidding, I am totally kidding. That wouldn't be nearly as entertaining. Especially over a color, why would we be nice about that? I will be right back I'm going to grab the popcorn.
    ShelLuser, FDNY21 and Kephras like this.
  9. Get me some while your at it
    FDNY21 and Gawadrolt like this.
  10. Where exactly are you getting those numbers? Looking at the poll, it CLEARLY shows 12 for, 22 against. You can't see just what you want to, and it's wrong to say others shouldn't have an opinion.
  11. ShelLuser, Gawadrolt and PenguinDJ like this.
  12. I bet you make that face a lot, huh? :p
    ShelLuser, Gawadrolt and ww2fan168 like this.
  13. I see four six for the change counting the poster and nine for not changing or not caring
  14. Last time I checked 12/25 doesn't equal 3/1 :p

its 6/12.5, which can also be 3/6.25.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  15. Technically shouldn't use a decimal in a fraction so it would just be 12/25 :)
  16. I think that's very narrow minded comment, pardon the expression.

Because what about those who have been diamond supporter in the past for several times? This is an unlikely but still nice theory: what if some quit because of the color, and your suggestion would derive them from the ability to speak up for a change?

And for those who never have been one, like Kephras also mentioned: they still have to look at it, so it does affect them one way or the other. Now playing devils advocate here: if the diamond supporter "club" is that elitist, do we really want to be a part of it?

I know that last comment was uberly critical, and I don't mean any offense. But I am sure that comments like yours will trigger these kinds of ideas.

Instead of excluding you should be including, that way you will only motivate players a lot better to actually join the "team".

Things like these concern the whole community, not just the ones who paid for getting the color.
  17. Pardon for 2 posts after another. It's done on purpose, above is me spouting of my opinion, this is me hmm, venting? oh well, whatever... I have to pick my words very carefully here.

And then there's this.

Do we really need to call / insinuate that NCCory is a "jerk"? I also take a little offense to that. Assumptions, assumptions, gentlemen. No, I don't agree with NC and I also think that he picked a poor choice of words but what happened to the benefit of the doubt? Is he now a jerk for speaking his mind?

For all I know he's merely really into this suggestion. And although I don't agree with his idea about "let only dia supporters vote" I can see where he's coming from. Because you cannot deny the fact that dia supporter contribute, and one part of that goes into getting the color. Sure, it looks elitist (as I hinted at myself). But looking the part doesn't automatically make it the part.

It's one thing to disagree, it's a second to be a little critical but... why the name calling?

If there is one thing I learned from my years of writing and venting: the written word is horrible when it comes to expression emotions. One slip of the keyboard is enough to make you look like a.. exactly.

Doesn't mean you are one.

Just my 2 'weekend' cents.
  18. As far as my comment I'm guessing you didn't see the one before it. The only person I blatantly called a jerk was the one stepping on the box, myself :p I wasn't the one calling the names kephras was, which is why I insinuated in that post that there was more jerks abound than just one or two. Either way, it SEEMS you were the only one that got offended by it. I honestly was expecting all three of those comments to be deleted by staff.

Edit: the third one being the get me some popcorn with my post quoted and the other two, mine and kephras'
    ShelLuser likes this.
  19. I could care less being called a jerk by one person on EMC, I've always been the person to go against what everyone else is agreeing with. If they want to gang up on a single person due to their opinion, fine by me, I can take the heat, done it before I can do it again.

Several people were quick to take my comment too seriously, the true meaning of my comment was to point out that "Diamond Supporters" help keep EMC running, and should be able to have a better looking name without people paying half or even 1/4 of what we pay trying to prevent that, if we went around asking actual diamond supporters what they thought instead of on this forum thread I guarantee there would be a different out come. I know a lot of people buy diamond and then switch to Gold or Iron, that's a good strategy if you want the four residences but it doesn't help EMC as much as it could.

The monthly cost of the upkeep of EMC is roughly $1000, which is paid by the following:

50 Diamond Members
    100 Gold Members
    200 Iron Members

If every active member on EMC went Iron after going Diamond, EMC would struggle to pay the bill that month. I myself, earned a Diamond Voucher this month via Referrals, and I'm still buying another month of Diamond.

My comment was not meant to be rude, it was meant to make a point, so if it had to come off as rude to do that, so be it. Only current Diamond Members should be able to decide this, and I stand by that statement. The new color looks better in my opinion, and I've talked to other Diamond members about it and ww2fan is the only one that has disagreed.

Yeah, you guys have to look at the newer color, but its not that big of a change, it's like changing the arenas, some liked the new ones with the new look, some liked the older ones and everyone has their own opinion on that but they still changed and people dealt with it whether they liked it or not.
    ShelLuser likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.