[denied] Island fort & guardian farm

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by TransitBiker, Jun 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CardInAction and i have started the early process of converting an ocean monument in the vicinity of the SMP5 north wilderness outpost into a guardian farm. A small cluster of nearby islands is serving as our above-water storage and meeting spot.

I am not sure if anyone else has claim or established outpost at this location, however i am trying to get all of the requirements met. The output of the guardian farm will be approximately 50% given away to anyone on EMC, with smp5 folks having first dibs. The remaining 50% will be put into constructing a semi-replica of a mumb jumbo hermitcraft season 5 style base and related structures.

Anyone wishing to help get this thing dried out and producing output is welcome to join the effort!

- Andy
    ShrinkingMatt and ShelLuser like this.
  2. The name of the outpost is "HamHouse".

I have dried out about 60% or more of the ocean monument. The current plan is to hollow out the whole thing, leaving the external shell for a time. Once i figure out the details of the farm system, the shell will be removed and the farm system installed. There seems to be a mineshaft underneath the entire area, which needs to be entirely lit up to 8 or more light levels to ensure maximum output. Once that is completed, i will set up the storage system to split the output into locked and public chests, with one or more chests for SMP5 folks only.

The most current activity (aside from sponging out all the water) is that a rail line with boat passage space beneath has been built to connect the top of the ocean monument (main entrance) to the center of the small cluster of islands. A harbor area has been built adjacent to the end of the line. There are two spots for card and i to park our boats, and a larger area for anyone to park their boats. Trees have been planted for the purpose of fueling any wood needs without clogging the storage system etc. There is an ender chest for anyone to use.

Reminder: please do not damage, change, remove, or add anything of your own, blocks or items in the unlocked chests. If you want to build around the area, i can give you build flags.

- Andy
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. Oh, i almost forgot! I finally put in a nether portal. In the process of mapping all that out etc etc. :)

- Andy
    ShelLuser likes this.
  4. That sounds like an awesome project! Wish you guys all the best there, that should be pretty cool.

Well, just to be sure that you picked all of them up correctly: you need to be 5000 blocks away from any official EMC outpost. You know, the ones you go to when you use /wild n, /wild s, etc. And you need to be 3000 blocks away from any other visually set up base.

The best you can do is to use the livemap for the SMP5 Frontier and then look at your area. When you hover your mouse over the map it'll show you the coordinates and those can help you to get a good estimate of the distance between two areas.

Also don't forget to set up a locked chest (place a chest then put a sign above it which says "locked" on the 1st line (you can optionally also add extra names on the 3rd and 4th line to give those players access as well)). Be sure to think about it's placement because once placed you should not move it without informing staff about it again.

Sorry if I repeat things which you might already know about, but because you talked about build flags and such (there are none in the Frontier) I figured I'd mention this anyway just in case.

Even so, thanks for your report so far! I really enjoyed reading all this and wish you all the best with this project. Sounds like a really cool project to me!
    hamboy14 and mjnoe70 like this.
  5. Heya hamboy. If you want this as a claim, please report the thread and ask for it to be moved to the correct subforum. Also, please check the rules at the top of this forum.
    hamboy14 and ShelLuser like this.
  6. Huge update:

The ocean monument has been hollowed out, lit up, and the outline of the phase 1 farm is being put into place. Phase 2 farm will basically be the same, only much larger. Phase 2 farm will be totally public, located at another ocean monument not too far away from ours & not officially connected to our outpost and will truly be public. We have also added PierWorld as a member of our lil group. If you are interested in joining the outpost please let me know!

Ok, will do, and i re-read the rules all the time to keep my memory refreshed. Love this server & community, want always to be a team player! ^-^

- Andy
  7. There is a small built structure to the south on an island, but it seems the builder is no longer on EMC. Extensive google searching has found the user name on another minecraft server hosted in russia. Can i assume this structure does not count against ham house?

- Andy
  8. Any player builds count
  9. This area is well within the 5k zone of the EMC Outpost and therefore cannot be claimed as a Player Outpost.

However you can still build there, only problem is others can build nearby if they wish, you have no control over that. They cannot interfere with your builds as that would be griefing and antigriefing will stop them messing it up for the most part.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  10. We ignore very small builds that may only have been temporary stops or those made from basic materials by players that did not last very long. In this case the "house"(barely that) was a few hours work by a player that lasted one day.

All builds are looked at and then judgment made, we don't robotically say No to everyone because someone built a dirt shack.
    fBuilderS, AncientTower and ShelLuser like this.
  11. The base will be moved. Guardian farms will be public and owned by me, will post about that in appropriate sub-forum. This thread can be locked.

- Andy
  12. Thread Locked - Good luck with moving your base, and making the guardian farm public is an awesome idea :) The community will be grateful!
    fBuilderS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.