(DECLINED) DDT for wild but nerfed

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by TheFryedmans, Jan 10, 2020.

1. (sorry if already suggested)

My idea is for a new item like the DDT which allows you to destroy a limited area for a higher price than the DDT is already. this would not allow you to gain any of the items that might be in the area.

The reason for my idea of nerfing it is because staff don't want the hole server to be well a hole.
    get the joke? lol sorry :( also so staff who are already busy don't have to do even more work

let's say how about for a 50*50 area 80-100k? (random guess)
    i really don't know prices

you wouldn't want it to be cheap cause of the power it would hold

Oh and also please let mods be able to do it as well?
    DDT = dirt destroying tick tock (i think)
  2. Like the idea. Although would be very powerful for farms etc. Also dont think that giving out World Edit to all mods would be a option they would consider, but I dont know :)
  3. I like the idea a lot, however, I think it would need to be more more expensive, as well as a scaled price point. So say, 10r per block or something like that. Although that might be a bit expensive. Maybe like 2r per block is more appropriate, meaning the 50x50 area would be around 500k. I think something like this would have to be prohibitively expensive so that its either only used very sparingly as to not overwhelm staff with requests, or is only used for very rare, very big projects.
  4. -1 from me. Digging holes for farms shouldn't be as easy as paying a fee to have all the blocks removed. You should have to do the work for a farm.
  5. I once played on another server (long long time ago) where there was an ingame economy (like emc) and you could pay the moderators with that ingame currency to world edit out spots for you (larger spots required larger fees). Anyways, it was too OP in my opinion and also ruined alot of satisfaction in the game- even though removing large areas is not fun at all you get a sense of accomplishment when it is all said and done.
  6. This has been discussed many times, and while we know that digging out an area can be time consuming, it is also a part of survival. Town has particular exceptions that are less survival than the true wilderness, so we have dirt removals there.

Now that being said, another crucial reason for declining this is because just deleting an area outright may accidentally delete another player's tunnel, locked chests, etc. We don't want to risk this.