[DEBATE] Presidential Election - 2016 (closing Nov 22)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Erektus, Sep 9, 2015.

?

VOTE

Donald Trump (R) 138 vote(s) 50.0%
Hillary Clinton (D) 138 vote(s) 50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well, I will give you a like because I agree with some/a lot of what you said. :)

I think trickle-down economics would certainly work if applied to the middle-class. I did forget that it was done basically only for the rich. It was done because Reagan was Republican and for big business. So, I think that if it was applied to the middle-class, it would work well. I agree that it didn't work only for the rich. The rich already have everything, so it makes sense why it wouldn't work if only applied to the rich.

I do also believe in my first post here on this thread, like 4 pages back now lol, that I am very moderate in my views, but I tend to align with Republicans more than Democrats. So, you could call me a Democrat in training if you want, because I do identify quite a bit with the Democrats. I just identify more as Republican. Even if I were to change sides and become Democratic, I still think Trump is the lesser of 2 evils in this election. To fix the economy, to be aggressive against ISIS, to take out North Korea, and to improve relations with Russia, my vote goes to Trump.
    God_Of_Gods likes this.
  2. Shouldn't discount the majority simply because you disagree. That is quite undemocratic. Of course there are many individual views and opinions. But it's a historical fact -- when it was time to speak up, they, the nation, supported Brexit.

What the future holds, who knows?

Really it's only an inch or two if they live long enough. Just because they are shorter doesn't mean they are less capable of making decisions. I strongly disagree with any minimum height requirement on voting.
    Gawadrolt and Polymerized like this.
  3. The majority is 51% of the vote. The other 49% of the country are already up in arms about not having any say in what happens now. Brexit is the definition of undemocratic.

And what the future holds? Not leaving the European Union. It's either join the EEC - an organisation in which you abide by EU laws and keep freedom of movement (the reason why most voted to leave) but have no say in them - or you stay. We'll ask for a trade deal with the EU, we'll be referred to that. We'll have to take it or leave it, but leaving it would be economic suicide.

My bet's on Theresa May delaying and delaying until the General Election in 2020, after which the negative effects of a Brexit will be known and the country can say whether it wants them or not, Conservatives or Labour will win and will probably have campaigned on a promise to scrap the referendum, Brexit won't happen. It's already hurt us enough to make a lot of people change their minds on voting.
    607, Polymerized and JesusPower2 like this.
  4. The presidential debate's coming up in a few days, any of you all going to watch it?
    ANubIsWe3 and Polymerized like this.

5. Trump got destroyed lmao
    IsaacNorman and mba2012 like this.

6. Then there is Jill Stein and the media is letting her seem like she has a soul for now because its mostly a non-issue... but then there is the whole problem with her running for the president of the US so... obviously she has no soul. Which!!! I'm sure we will find out if people actually look and see.... oh hey there is someone running for president that isn't a complete moron. Which I'm sure we will find out isn't true... if we ever get to see that much of her. So far though, Jill looks pretty squeaky clean and like Sanders, she has been destroying anyone that comes at her with nonsense. But then, the democrats got their lesson in politics THIS YEAR (you know that lesson both parties get every few months then forget two days later) that even your superman is a sell out so, there is that.

Yeah, there is three posts, the forums media bb codes are bugging out and posting three videos for one and copying the "media" command things so it was being annoying and not letting me post it the way it should have been. If someone wants to try and fix it, cool.
  7. I've been done with this discussion for a while, simply because the prospects of either major candidate in office disgusts me. But after catching up on the Debate news articles, I've come to the conclusion that this election isn't about voting for either one of them - vote for their running mate. Because, quite frankly, Trump and Clinton both are some of the most hated political clowns I've ever seen and it wouldn't shock me in the least if whoever "wins" and takes office also ends up taking a lethal dose of lead poisoning not long after.

Mind you I'm not advocating assassination, or the attempts thereof, just saying it wouldn't shock me in the least if their first year of presidency was one marked by a record number of attempts on their life.

EDIT: Now watch the NSA be all like "We better watch this guy, he's nuts." Dear Acronymed Agencies of the USA - please be advised I do not own any firearms, licensed or otherwise, and my marksmanship is only noteworthy with a keyboard and mouse. :p
    Gawadrolt, 607 and cowland123 like this.
  8. I mean, there was that English guy (the one who was on Robot Wars as a kid lol) who tried to kill Trump at a rally a few months back. Trump already has a mark on his assassination attempt tally chart. :rolleyes:
  9. I think Hillary won in pretty much everything except trade.
    IsaacNorman likes this.
  10. You don't think she'd do good in the "trading department"?
  11. this thread was a pretty bad idea
    ANubIsWe3 likes this.
  12. So is this year's election.
  13. That smile has confirmed to me that Hillary is, in fact, a Commonwealth synth.
    Gawadrolt and Kephras like this.
  14. I have decided that Trump will win the election. Not because he would win in a fair election but due to the Russians wanting him to win and they will control the election. The Russians have already hacked into 20 states voting systems, that we know of. Emphasis on, that we know of. And we know how much Russia loves Trump. I am a bit surprised that Russia's technology experts are so superior to those in the US. It's pretty sad that Russia can do anything they want to us and all we do is sit around and whine about it.
    TuckerAmbr and IsaacNorman like this.
  15. Gary Johnson can't remember where his eyebrows are or what they are.......#AleppoMoment

DH32 and IsaacNorman like this.
  16. I'm sure they'll hack-proof (temporarily, of course) those systems in some way closer to the election so there's a lower chance of anything like this happening. I disagree with you on the matter of Russian technology experts being better than America's - close competition, sure, but I believe the US is the superior of the two countries in this field and they will combat people getting into your voting systems. I'm also sure if it was that was clear the votes were rigged they'd call another election or something - America's presidential system was founded with the idea that you could combat events like that, I'm not sure how well that holds up in the modern day but Congress or some shit would hopefully stick true to your country's values, right? They bum off the constitution in every other situation so I'd like to believe they'd continue to do it in a situation like this.

On another note, I read something funny about Brexit and Trump the other day: Donald flew over to the UK and congratulated the UK on voting to leave a union of states. He literally advocated the breakup of a union of states (who, might I add, are probably the US's most important and powerful allies and one of their largest trading partners) - then flew back over to the US to win the presidency of a union of states. This man has the logic of a confused mentally challenged pig.
    607 likes this.
  17. It's not particularly surprising considering Putin would love nothing more than the breakup of the EU and Trump is nothing more than a pawn of Putin. There is no other reason he would be so very happy about it.
  18. So true; I'm legitimately scared for the US. Moreso now than ever before, even before 9/11 happened.

Them and China have already proven that our "secure government computers" are not so secure... Now that we rely on more technology now than we did in 2001... See where I'm going with this...?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.