Death Cordinates now a thing?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by iamfuturetrunks, May 14, 2017.

1. Short story (you can skip ahead if you like):

So a few days ago I rushed to the wastelands end fought the dragon and was going out exploring (on foot) for end cities so I could finally get an elytra. After quite an unsuccessful run, I went back killed the dragon a few more times and finally got a new portal to go to a different area. I eventually got an elytra and was pretty happy. I then died... to a room full of shulker boxes before I had a chance to eat a golden apple, screenshot my cords, or block myself in. Anyways, I was able to get a hold of a mod who is also a fan of DBZ :p and he was able to help me by giving me the cords of where I died so I could find my stuff (cause it was way out there).

The main subject:

Today, while trying to type and fly at the same time (stupid I know) I landed and died from height damage cause I was rushing to message someone before they logged off. And I noticed something very interesting, my chat showed the cords to where I died. This seems like a new feature, idk if it's just me who finally noticed it or something or maybe the mod I messaged on the site, or the mod I messaged in game suggested it but I have to say I am liking it.

I was gonna suggest later that night a few days ago to implement a mod similar to where it shows a beacon beam and your cords for where you died but it looks like they have a thing set up now already for that. Did I just miss it the first time, has it been around for a while? or did it just happen and if so what caused it?

Anyways just saying, really nice especially if you die with diamond armor and a few important items on you that you really don't want to loose and are willing to make the trek to go back and get them.
  2. It's not every new
    But also if u do /assistant u get a compass
    While he's doing it if I do /compass death it points to ur last death point
    607, mjnoe70 and vivho like this.
  3. There is also /deathlog for seeing more than just the last death coordinates.
    NatsuPlayz007, 607, ShelLuser and 5 others like this.
  4. Haha... so many things to learn playing EMC.

I love this... even sounds like a hit movie title...

"SLASH- DEATHLOG"
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  5. And if you're in a rush/lazy/whatever, just /dlog works too. :)
    607, mjnoe70 and Raaynn like this.
  6. Oh... can we also use

/lazy and /whatever ingame too?

Just so many commands....
    607, neonkillah and TomvanWijnen like this.
  7. /yes

:p
    Raaynn likes this.
  8. And another!!! Goodness me... the learning curve...

/help
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  9. Ahh no wonder I didn't know about this new feature....

lol. I don't die very often. The first two times was cause of a room full of shulkers and a shield that stunk. And from trying to type out a message before someone disconnected while flying and took fall damage.

Otherwise I don't die very often. Though I don't leave town very often either. Except for caving/mining/exploring. :p
  10. I`m pretty sure this feature has been here for about a year now, not exactly new :p. When the server updated to 1.9 we got this added I believe.
    607 likes this.
  11. I think im gonna add a note on death "Btw, you can use /compass death to point to your death location. Don't have a compass? type /assist new. Need to see previous death locations? type /dlog"
  12. haha. just tried it out.... love the sense of Doom!

"You have not died on this server.... yet!"
  13. And if you thought that was cool... Sorry for a wee bit of "spam" here (not really, but I suppose I am advertising a small bit) but others already told you about the compass and how it automatically points to your death point. But that's not all it does! :eek:

How the compass became totally awesome!

There is a good reason why the Empire assistant has a permanent place in my inventory, even though I've been on the server for over 2 years now and pretty much know about most commonly available features (I don't need an assistant, but soulbound compass FTW!).
    Tuqueque, iamfuturetrunks and 607 like this.
  14. Cool feature, right? :D
  15. Funny how if I write this with my alt account it gets more attention lol