Current thoughts of EMC

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Gap542, May 29, 2014.

1. I really would have appreciated your "ideally" dealio more if I had actually said the word myself.
    The day I vote for EMC is the day I believe it's on the right track. I am only saying this because I was asked.
    607, Luckygreenbird and Gap542 like this.
  2. Voting broadcasts are set to once per hour. An hour is quite a bit of time... And the chat disturbance from it is minimal.

Broadcasts are a primary Staff > Player communication source of information, and there for can not be turned off. They could contain urgent information.

As for voting rewards. It is so easy to get more than 1700 rupees in a single day with a bit of effort.

For someone to get as much rupees as you are commenting on, that means they put in great effort to help EMC.

To complain about the reward ofvoting, is essentially to say the action of helping EMC should not be of anything significant to doing other actions to earn rupees.

why is it a problem that a player might choose voting as a way to earn rupees instead of farming? It's still part of the game, and its how they chose to play. "Play Your Way".

If a player does not like farming and/or running a shop - why should they be excluded from the economy? Voting is yet another alternate source to getting rupees.

Then there is also this poll: http://empireminecraft.com/threads/rebalancing-the-empire-economy-cancelled.35338/

A large majority of the responders agree that the state of the economy is too 'small', and agreed that a slow increase to the economy would be beneficial.

Now, we didn't go forward with those ideas, but went forward with more of the accepted ideas: adding more ways to earn rupees and increase the base starting rupees a new player has.

from what I can tell, this has worked well? Player shops are thriving still, prices may of raised a little, but everything is still stable.

Giving out a max of 1700 rupees a day for voting has not destroyed the economy, and id think most people might say its improved it. More money = more buyers = healthy economy.
  3. The game has a UI control to solve that issue - Page Up.

NZScruffy's "Ideally" was about this statement, in how you implied an ideal scenario where users vote to help the server and not for the rewards. Ideally that would be nice, but that is not the case, was the entire point Scruffy was making.

Players do not use server sites once they find a preferred server. Server sites are an advertisement for a server to find new players. Therefor, it is not a players convenience, it is for the server and it is an advertisement.
    NZScruffy, PandasEatRamen and Gap542 like this.
  4. Honestly, after seeing all these posts and that poll thread... I must say I was wrong, I just missed too much and kinda got surprised that everyone had this bigger amount of rupees, 'cause hey, I started EMC with 1500 rupees and spent them all in the EMC shop for a diamond pickaxe which I lost half hour later in the wild xD

I guess it was the right move to go and inflate the economy as the community deemed necessary. I feel so dumb and useless now D: That's what I get for not looked at what happened all these months.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  5. You are not useless. Nobody is useless.
    607, PandasEatRamen and Gap542 like this.
  6. You're not dumb and useless :) Just things have changed, and takes time for people to accept that.

The economy isn't even really inflated anywhere near the point that thread was commenting on, but we at least hopefully still solved a number of problems without taking too drastic of changes.
  7. The prices have actually stayed rather constant, there are just more rupees around now.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  8. I generally don't think to look for things I've missed. I did miss them, after all.
    The way he worded and formatted it implied he was criticizing something I had actually done. As though I had said an ideal scenario is what we were dealing with, or what we should aspire to.

It served no point other than reinforce that he misunderstood what I had posted as a statement of objective truth rather than my own opinion.
    If you want people to vote because it would make the server better, you have lost any quantity of respect I once had for you. Voting sites are about the players. You vote so people can experience something that was worth voting for (before someone gets all up in my grill, this is like the royal "you" and not a definite statement). If you vote because you want new people on EMC, that's your own problem. If you vote because new people want to be on EMC, but they just haven't found it yet... you're fighting the good fight.

You can say nice things about the server, but no matter how highly it is ranked, people will judge it based off of what it delivers. They will judge quickly, and they will judge harshly. Deliver a quality server for the people who want to be here, not a generic server for the anonymous masses who quit after a day or a week or a month.

If that vector isn't sustainable, EMC is already gone.
    NZScruffy, Gap542 and Luckygreenbird like this.
  9. I actually agree with most of this post, especially the last paragraph.
  10. Actually, diamonds are now around 75r per, and when you joined they were about 40-45r.
    Gap542 likes this.
  11. Few rupees but the rest of the items have been around the same and I remember finding some cheap ones for 35 and some shops at 38,39