Current thoughts of EMC

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Gap542, May 29, 2014.

1. Or better yet.. Why don't you just vote? Takes less than 30 seconds of your day and you contribute to the server without really having to try anything drastic.
  2. Because I want my not voting streak of 494 and growing.
  3. so you want the once per hour reminder that you should vote to turn off because you want to be absolutely useless to the continuation of the server? that's essentially what you are saying.
    dealwithit.gif i have no sympathy for you
    607, slash14459, Kyzoy and 4 others like this.
  4. But but I could be using that 30 seconds picking my nose or look in the distance in deep thought. It's weak argument but yea :p jk
    It's only 30 seconds of your life everyday ;)
  5. slash14459 and Gap542 like this.
  6. I like the way things are now. Before you had this crazy shop system where a very small group of players (like 1-2 per SMP) held this monopoly on making money. Sure, you could still earn a bunch through a shop but it was *really* hard work. Now I'm able to vote and I have enough rupees to do what I want to do without having to even run a shop. It allows you to have fun without spending every moment you're in the game trying to find diamonds to sell which is what I used to have to do.
    AlexChance, weeh666, Gap542 and 2 others like this.
  7. Actually, I completely disagree with that. Once a player has been around for a while and accumulated a lot of rupees, I think they almost exclusively buy materials. They may enchant their own tools, armor, weapons, and books, but other than that, I feel like almost all other materials are bought. Using myself as an example, I do all of my own enchanting. But there will never be a day where you will find me making my own repeaters or pistons if any reasonable shop has them in-stock (in bulk, of course).
    southpark347 and Gap542 like this.
  8. You actually make less than 1300 rupees a day from voting, which is the bonus for being diamond. Why is this thread not complaining about paying to win instead? People can buy supporter and can earn more money from that instead of voting.

Why bother trying to figure out how to turn off the notifications, when you can save yourself time by just voting?

Referring to Kephras' post in another thread, I felt this fits here.
    You don't want to vote and make money, therefore voting is OP and nobody should make money from it.
    MrsWishes, bloodra1n, Gap542 and 3 others like this.
  9. When did voting only take a few seconds? I feel it takes longer than that. I love Minecraft and EMC, but I don't love Clickcraft. I wish we had the option to disable the voting messages.
    Gap542 likes this.
  10. Well yes, If you want to vote on all of the websites, it takes about 5 minutes. Just voting on TopG helps the server the most, takes about 30 seconds, and boosts your streak.
    Gap542 and southpark347 like this.
  11. Yep. If you want to get rich you can work for it. Voting allows you to become even richer. You complain about them voting and having more than you, so why don't you vote too? Your rupee balance would then grow twice as big as theirs.
    southpark347 and Gap542 like this.
  12. Well, I don't vote for EMC as a matter of principle. I'd like to not see the messages when I play because they scroll chat and sometimes I miss things because of it.

The voting bonuses really could be smaller, though. They used to be 50r, just so you didn't get nothing out of your time. People shouldn't be voting because they want an edge, they should vote because they want more people to see EMC. Not for EMC's sake, but for the sake of the people playing.

Server sites are for a player's convenience, not the server's. They aren't advertisements, after all.
  13. By voting we r giving a back r thx to the emc because every vote adds up for probably a new player so this is helping the community become bigger
    Gap542 and southpark347 like this.
  14. What's the principle that keeps you from voting?

I may agree that the voting rewards can get too much. I get stacks of diamonds now, while previously I was happy with the 12 precious gems I had.
    Gap542 likes this.
  15. Wait... you don't vote as a matter of WHAT principal?

If the bonus was smaller, people would be less likely to vote, or vote less. It's been increased for that reason (And also because we want to subtly introduce inflation to make item values more competitive).

Well yea.. Idealy people should just vote because it helps the server... ideally everyone should donate to the server for no extra perks at all, and everyone be equal. Ideally we should not have to log blocks to catch griefers, as ideally we should have no one trying to grief. :) I'll just stop there, though we could go on.
    Ideal does not exist, never will, we must deal with the nature of people and the need for money.

But that doesn't stop us from encouraging people to vote to show their support rather than exclusively for profit. :)

Server list sites are advertising. That is exactly what they are, and the reason for their existence. :)
    Gap542, MrsWishes and weeh666 like this.
  16. yea.. that bonus streak thing is giving insane rewards at high levels. lol I think Aikar should consider capping it lower than what people are getting.
    Gap542 likes this.
  17. You don't need to vote to make tons of rupees. I started from the bottom and got 1million rupees in under 50 days. (Sorry Kyzoy for cutting the time it took you in half <3). However, voting does help. The problem I see is that yes voting messages do seem to be spammed rather frequently. If you vote, they go away for a set period of time, but then they come back. Something I know of, is that Aikar spends a ton of money on advertising the server in attempt to get new players, and get them to stay. But why stay if things are broken? What if we chill out on the voting push, fix the bugs we have, get a quality product, and THEN start pushing a bit more for voting?
  18. Me :p
    Gap542 likes this.
  19. Bugs are a continuous occurrence and a part of every product. With every update they will appear, the small ones a pest but eventually fixed, and the big ones fixed almost straight away.

Simply halting player intake, halting other updates and focusing on minor bugs doesn't make sense. We fixed our player registration system, which was a necessity before we started advertising, and now it's time for new players AND updates. Although you might not be focusing on "bugs" but flaws instead, we already have a quality product that is constantly changing. :)
    607, southpark347, Gap542 and 4 others like this.
  20. i dont vote myself but its mostly because i vote for other people who i dont want to see lose their res. i roam around sometimes on 6 looking for people on the edge of the derelict policy with anything more then dirt or cobble shacks and farms and vote for them on various sites. if my own voting bonus was maxed i would have to use a proxy or something so i just neglect my own bonus and give them their's instead.