Crash D:

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Evealicexx, May 29, 2017.

1. Hi everyone,
    I found out i could get minecraft back and re-installed it on my laptop to find out each and every time I try and log onto the server, this appears:
    GAME CRASH
    An unexpected issue occured and the game crashed. We're sorry for the inconvenience.
    Does anyone know how to resolve this? Please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Eve
  2. What's saying that? The Minecraft launcher, Java, or your operating system? A screenshot could help.
  3. What sort of graphics card do you have?
  4. Update Java to the latest version.
  5. Post crash report.
    ChespinLover77 likes this.
  6. Update java. If you pc is unable to try using the old launcher. A friend of mine has to use the old launcher as they can update java.
  7. Here's my littl' mini-guide on how to update Java to the latest version. Minecraft comes with the oldest version of Java 8, which is Java 8 Update 25. We're currently on Java 8 Update 131. So what I did, of course, installed the latest version of Java 8. You can find that here and then download "jre-8u131-windows-x64.exe" if you're on a 64-bit operating system. If you're on a 32-bit operating system then download "jre-8131-windows-i586.exe"

The launcher doesn't know that a newer version has been installed. What you need to do is point the launcher to Update 131's javaw.exe file. To do that, go into Launch Options in the launcher, select your profile, turn on Java executable (if it's off then it's using the Java it came with) and then put in the box "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_131\bin\javaw.exe". This path also would work if you have the 32-bit version and you're running a 32-bit operating system. If you have the 32-bit version on a 64-bit operating system, then the path would be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_131\bin\javaw.exe".

In this picture, you can see that I have the javaw.exe path inputted, but I also have Game directory enabled in there too simply because I run two minecraft games. I keep the game directories separate because they're not logging correctly. If "Game Directory" was turned off then the game directory is "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft".
    TomvanWijnen and iCrazyEvestar like this.
  8. Minecraft
  9. Thankyou I will definitely try this:)