Corrections/improvements to the derelict policy text

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ilyvion, Mar 12, 2013.

1. In the Derelict Policy, at the very end, it says
    To me, this makes it sound like the "you have completed the tutorial" is the conditional for your player data and the rupees balance not being reset. However, I believe what is meant is that the flag indicating your completion of the tutorial will not be reset.

A better formulation, in my opinion, would be to simply replace the "if" with "whether." Also, the last entry in a comma separated list should have an "and" before it. Finally, I think dashes work better than commas where I have placed them. (You can't miss it.) Thus, my improved formulation:
  2. I like this too ... maybe word it like:

Your other Empire Minecraft player data, such as your vault items or rupees history, if you have completed the tutorial, will NOT be reset.
  3. To me, that sounds just like the original quote. :p Anyway, I agree with switching the "if" out for "whether". I had never really noticed, but now that you bring it up, alex, it does seem confusing.
  4. "Oh, I completed the tutorial, my stuff won't be reset."

"Aww crap, I have to complete the tutorial or my stuff gets reset? :("
  5. That does make since ... so have it like:

When you complete tutorial, your other Empire Minecraft Data, such as vault items and rupees history, will NOT be reset

Is that better?
  6. I don't like either, because they focus too heavily on completing the tutorial as being the condition for not resetting things, which I don't believe is the original intent of the sentence. Who would even care that their vault and rupees got reset if they hadn't even finished the tutorial? Do you even have rupees or a vault before you finish the tutorial?

No, I'm convinced that the idea is that you won't have to take the tutorial again at a later time, should you be gone for long enough that the derelict policy kicks in, hence my change(s) to the original formulation.
  7. Then maybe:

Your other Empire Minecraft Data, such as vault items and rupees history, will NEVER be reset unless you are permabanned.

or

Your other Empire Minecraft Data, such as vault items and rupees history, will NOT be reset.