ClickBAITTTT!!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Alukiann, Apr 18, 2018.

?

Is clickbait okay? (In your opinion)

Yes way! 3 vote(s) 8.1%
No way! 17 vote(s) 45.9%
It depends. 17 vote(s) 45.9%
What's clickbait? 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. I think that if someone does like 1 video of clickbait, but the rest are fine, that it is okay.
  2. Hmmm... Why? :D
  3. ooooo honey, don't forget the top minecraft youtubers who've sworn, that's the worst
    Ethy202 and q1zx like this.
  4. I watch MrBeast6000 all the time lmao
    lottie1664 and q1zx like this.
  5. https://www.youtube.com/user/ClashOnGan/videos You don't even have to watch the videos or know anything, just scroll through the channel...
    Sydney4363 likes this.
  6. "Dear YouTube, it's actually not everyday bro..."

TOP 10 SADDEST REVELATIONS IN ALL OF HUMAN HISTORY
    Harp4Christ and q1zx like this.
  7. Clickbait is a waste of everyone's time. It's an extremely lazy "strategy" for one to boost their numbers, whether that is sales or views. Instead of putting actual effort or time into making their content as appealing as possible, they rely on a single image to get people there.

It works, because most people who fall for them have short attention spans anyways, which explains why clickbait hasn't vanished...
    q1zx likes this.
  8. I think this because just one clickbait doesn’t ruin the entire channel. If it is more than half of the videos that are clickbait, then you get very annoyed with that person.
    607 and q1zx like this.
  9. A warning about visiting just any website:

Just as with walking down the street in a big city (or even a country road), it is still possible to be mugged on the internet. A drive-by attack is where by simply visiting the website, malicious software is then downloaded and installed onto your computer. As you would when walking down the street in NYC, don't duck into an alleyway to buy that shiny object from the dude with 18 rolex watches. He's probably got a gun or another dude with a knife and an ice chest for whisking away your kidneys.
    q1zx likes this.
  10. That makes sense, if it's frequent then the person appears very shady.
  11. That's actually a really good analogy. Don't ever remove your adblock. That's actually something interesting to think about... Clickbait is commonly used to bait users into going to shady websites...
  12. I was afraid of this coming up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I am still very much against using AdBlockers, but I suppose I'll need to create another topic if I want to discuss that. :p

Anyway, as to the actual topic: if I come across any funny ones in English soon I'll share them here. :) If there are clickbait ads, I don't click them. I've done sometimes in the past, when I was in a particularly weak state, but I've always regretted it. On YouTube, I also usually don't watch clickbait videos, because the clickbait feels like a bit of an insult, to me. It's denigrating, if you get what I mean. I can decide for myself whether I want to watch a video or not. I don't need to be convinced by a flashy title and thumbnail. And because of that I rather stay away from those videos, I guess. And also because clickbait might mean the channel isn't good enough to be able to do without clickbait.
    However, if there's clickbait from someone I know, I don't mind. Andrew Huang, for example, frequently uses clickbait. Even all-caps titles, or non-descriptive ones. But as I know his channel, and I know his videos are great, I still always watch them.
    q1zx likes this.
  13. Yeah! I agree, some YouTubers... Well, they have a clickbait channel but they actually have good content! To me, I don't have a problem with that, they have to make their money... I think it's actually okay if it's honest, but when it's over exaggerating or lying I have a problem. I also hate it when they clickbait something and what they clickbaited you for is at the end for like 3 seconds out of a 20 minute video. ALSO - I hate misleading thumbnails, lol.
    607 likes this.
  14. Alright, here's a 'good' one. :)
    q1zx likes this.
  15. My favorite part about those kinds of popups, advertisements, or images are the idea that they think it's of some importance to us to know every detail of everything that is, will be, or was in existence before we die...

While the viewer gives in to their impulsive social media urges, they make money off of you by you simply viewing their website...

I'm glad I'm not a social media junkie, unlike most of the people around me... :\
    q1zx likes this.
  16. LOLLLLL!!!

17. THIS IS THE SAME FREAKING WEBSITE TWICE ON GOOGLE WHAT THE FRICK!?!?
    q1zx likes this.
  18. Change the [/quote} to a [/quote] and remove the [/quote] at the end of the whole post to make it correct :)
    q1zx likes this.