ClickBAITTTT!!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Alukiann, Apr 18, 2018.

?

Is clickbait okay? (In your opinion)

Yes way! 3 vote(s) 8.1%
No way! 17 vote(s) 45.9%
It depends. 17 vote(s) 45.9%
What's clickbait? 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. The other day I saw an ad:
    These Chocolate/Cheese Decisions Will Reveal A Deep Truth About You

There are so many annoying but hilarious things:
    • 10 celebrities who can't read! (Number 7 will shock you)
    • Click now to find out what kind of pizza you are!
    • You'll never eat chocolate again after reading this!
    • He burned his house down. Now he's a millionaire.
    Some of these are actually hilarious. EH.
    Have you ever been clickbaited? Anything funny enough to share? Is it alright to clickbait? How do ya feel? :D
    Be happy this thread didn't have a clickbait title.
    If you don't know, clickbait is over-exaggerating, misinterpreting, lying, or more... Basically doing anything to bait your click - Getting a title of a video or article and making it look extremely interesting when most of the times it's complete garbage.
  2. I ate pumpkin everyday for a month and I lost 100 pounds! Find out how!
    I personally don't like clickbait. They aren't being truthful about the contents of the video, most times. It just feels wrong.
    Gawadrolt, 607 and q1zx like this.
  3. Lol - That's a great one. You click it and it's really about some 800-pound guy who can run a half-mile.
    Harp4Christ and Sydney4363 like this.
  4. If I see an article headline like that, it's doing more to keep me away than it's doing to draw me in.

5. i personally really hate clickbait, mainly in videos, i remember back when pokemon go was a hit, and there was this one youtuber who said things like he caught a pokemon you legit couldnt get in game at the time of him posting it, and the video is just about him doing boring stuff, prob sneezing 2 times and buying mcdonalds lmao
  6. "OMG OMG MOST LEGENDARY RARE POKEMON FINALLY UNLOCKED?!?" *10 minutes of trash and at the end he finds like a high level Caterpie or something*
    Bosoc likes this.
  7. Mmmm... You don't mind missing out on MIND BLOWING truths of unbelievable power?!? :O
  8. How to make friends?!

Always clickity cluck bait. Only the Martian who is Faded can tell you how to make friends :D
    q1zx and Sydney4363 like this.
  9. Clickbait is something we need to watch out for because you never know what kind of bad can come out of clickbaiting
    q1zx likes this.
  10. YES, THATS IS EXACTLY HOW EACH VIDEO WENT, IT WOULD GET MILLIONS OF VIEWS BUT SO MANY DISLIKES AND HATE COMMENTS XDDD
    q1zx likes this.
  11. I also can argue that it's a good way to get people to click... It's tough to think about, is it okay to be like, "OMG BEST WIN EVER" on a video if it's actually good content?
  12. lol yes, clickbait helps workers get the attention of viewers so they can get damn paid by their boss, but than they get backlash for so much or it, it makes you wonder
  13. I do feel somewhat that clickbait can be good. Let's say you found something amazing, and you need views. It's a quick, easy way to do it and if you're being honest I don't really have a problem with it. Or you see videos with thumbnails that have like, "OMG!" or something.
    607 likes this.
  14. https://www.reddit.com/r/savedyouaclick/
    summarizing clickbait articles, if there's even any content to summarize... (sometimes there just isn't)

much of the time they'll even post the number of "clicks" saved

they even use an archive site so your curious mind doesn't wander upon the real website trying to get your views

so basically, clickbait is so bad it has an entire subreddit against it
    Harp4Christ, Kephras, 607 and 3 others like this.
  15. "Grocery stores HATE this man!"
    Harp4Christ, 607 and q1zx like this.
  16. Bump! Lol, thanks all. :D
  17. Have you heard of the channel MrBeast? He does things like “DONATING 100K TO NINJA ON TWITCH!” Which sounds very clickbaity, but then he actually does the things he promises. Sure, he’s a little obnoxious, but he’s the only “genuine clickbait” channel I know
    q1zx and Ethy202 like this.
  18. I'm a Hawaiian pizza

Well Queen Bey can't be perfect

:( let's not let them go extinct

This one is just silly

I don't think I fall for clickbait...
    Harp4Christ and q1zx like this.
  19. FiVe FoRtNiTe YoTuBeRs WhO’vE sWORN
    To me, clickbait says that your media (channel, website, or even medium) is dying, and you are getting desperate.
    Bosoc and q1zx like this.