[CONTEST] Who can Vote the fastest?

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Stnywitness, Apr 28, 2019.

?

Yeet?

YEET! 5 vote(s) 55.6%
Why... 1 vote(s) 11.1%
How dare you say that... 3 vote(s) 33.3%
  1. Yes! This is a contest for who can vote the fastest.

You need to vote on every one of the servers (listed on the vote page). Time how long it takes you to vote with a stopwatch, then list your time and we will see who the fastest will be!

Example: Bob starts timer. He quickly votes for all of the sites. When he finishes voting for the last one, he stops the time. Then he posts that time below.

Please be truthful about your voting time. If you lie about your time you will be disqualified.

Whoever has the fastest time will earn 10K rupees. (it ain't much, but it's something) ;)

Contest ends May 18 at 9:00 AM. Any entries beyond this point are invalid and won't be counted. You can post your time more than once, but remember you can only vote every 24 hours or so. You can use alts to keep track of the time. Any questions post below. :)

HAVE FUN!

-----------------------------------------

Current Vote Record:

Name: TomvanWijnen
    Time: 42 Seconds
    Foxy_Kitty likes this.
  2. When does timing start and end? The last time I did a timed run, starting the timer at "opening the links", to "having closed the last tab" it took me just 47 seconds to vote on all 9 sites. :D
    607 and Stnywitness like this.
  3. That moment when you have no chance of winning this because you have a slow computer :(
    OriginalScuf, Gawadrolt, 607 and 2 others like this.
  4. First go to the voting page. Start the timer. Start voting. When you finish your last vote, go back to voting page then stop timer. :)
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  5. Your entry would then be acceptable too btw :)
  6. Just did it again, in 42 seconds! :D And it wasn't even a perfect run; slow internet and one of the captchas didn't behave as hoped. :D I recorded it, if anyone would like to see? :)
    Stnywitness likes this.
  7. Sure, why not! :D
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  8. luckycordel and rykly18 like this.
  9. Stnywitness and TomvanWijnen like this.
  10. I just voted, so I'll do this tomorrow.

Aikar has a lot in common with JoJo's Bizzare Adventure creator Araki.
    "I forgot" :aikar:

Edit: Aikar is also an anagram of Araki. Hmmm...
    Gawadrolt and Stnywitness like this.
  11. I have voted recently, so I'll have to give it go tomorrow.
    Stnywitness likes this.
  12. Bumperoo! 42 seconds! Who can beat it?
  13. Ha, funny. :p Thanks for sharing your strategy, Tom! I might make such a bookmark thing for the purpose too.
    But if what Stny said about the timing method is true, then it's not even necessary to open and close any tabs, as you could just open all of them before starting the timer, and leave them open. ;)
    Stnywitness likes this.
  14. Yeah, lol I guess that method would be acceptable :D
    607 likes this.
  15. But then what is a part of the voting process? Inserting the names clearly isn't, as Tom's did that beforehand. Doing the five star rating on minecraft-server.net apparently isn't either. But is the captcha? Otherwise it's just be clicking the vote buttons. :p
    Maybe it would be more fun to restrict it to having the tabs closed at the beginning and at the end, especially at the beginning, because you'll have to do them in the order that they load, like Tom showed. :) And it's all a part of voting, it's not just clicking the button.

Edit: I wonder how Tom does do the automatic fill-ins, by the way. :p
    Stnywitness and TomvanWijnen like this.
  16. Like this! https://empireminecraft.com/threads/script-for-autofilling-your-username-when-voting.79665/ :D

I think that everything you need to do to vote, should be included. If you leave all voted pages open, you'll eventually have a bad time. :p If you open loads of them at once for the coming weeks, you'll also have a bad time, so I think that that should be included indeed too. :p Things like creating a bookmark or using the script I just linked are one-time things, and therefore should not be included, in my opinion. :)
    Stnywitness and 607 like this.
  17. Hmm... I dont know what it should be lol.
  18. I agree with Tom. :)
    Start without the server sites open, and end with them closed. That in addition to what you said about beginning and ending on the voting page.
    The script seems not entirely legit for something like this, but I think you should allow it, as otherwise people that would like to vote on behalf of alts will have to go through a lot to be able to type the names in quickly.
    But hey, it's all in good fun, and fortunately the stakes aren't too high. :p
  19. So far I've been literally the only one to participate, and neither of you have participated yet either, sooo ... :rolleyes:
    607 likes this.
  20. I got one minute 14 seconds without using scripts or anything to fill my name in; the only ones where my name was automatically filled in were topg and serverpact, as google chrome remembered without me having to input them.
    Stnywitness and 607 like this.