[CONTEST] What Are You Grateful For?

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Im thankful for olaf giving me all his rupees, should I write a poem about that?
  2. Nope the contest officially ended 24 minutes ago lol.
    607 and Olaf_C like this.
  3. You can write a poem about it, but you can't enter it.
    607 and Green_Mystery like this.
  4. What if I blame the 30 min difference on krysyy time traveling into the future (now past) to give me the idea 26 minutes late?
  5. Forum-ception, in theatres near you.
  6. But first off, does anyone know when the names of the winners will be released? Getting nervous xD
  7. Mirr0rr sent me this on skype. Can you make an exception for him, krysyy? This is gold.
    Mirr0rr likes this.
  8. Merry holiday olaftehsnewman
  9. So.. who won? :D
  10. We won't know for probably another few hours to a few days. Krysyy is in Mexico right now.
    607 likes this.
  11. Krysyy is announcing the winners tomorrow (Dec. 2nd).
  12. My question is: Will the poems be put up for everyone to read? Or is Krysyy keeping them all to herself, like some poem fetish hoarder?
    Green_Mystery and deathconn like this.
  13. I believe that if she has the authors' permissions, the winning poems can be put up. :)
    607 likes this.
  14. I specifically stated at the end of mine that I didn't want it posted, so... won't be seeing that one at least.
    Not that I think I have a snowball's chance in the Nether of winning anything, as I'm downright awful at poetry.
    607 and hashhog3000 like this.
  15. Lets be honest here, Keph. There are a million different types of poetry, and a poem does not have to have any rhythm or rhyme or a lot of literary devices. As long as it is in some form of poetry, I think the content of the poem is more important than anything else. Knowing your work, your piece has a great chance. I am sure of it.
    607 likes this.
  16. In the past, the winners have, on average, been announced about a week after the deadline. However, due to the nature of this contest, I'd guess that, as Olaf said, it would be just a few days. However, it is entirely possible that she could announce them on December 2nd, though this seems unlikely because she is in Mexico enjoying her vacation. :)
    deathconn and 607 like this.
  17. "The November Poem Contest winners will be announced December 2nd and the new contest will be posted on the 2nd as well. It will be Holiday themed so start getting in the holiday spirit."

http://empireminecraft.com/threads/update-nearing-the-end-of-november.45083/
    Olaf_C and hashhog3000 like this.
  18. g00tch likes this.
  19. Hopefully the Donation lists get updated too. My donation hasn't been listed, and I donated weeks before she left.
  20. Why do you hope that? :)
    akela132 likes this.