[Contest] Te of Pigmen

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by margaritte, May 22, 2012.

1. What is the sound of one creeper clapping? What can one learn from meditation upon the meaning of the cube? What is it exactly that GameKribJim is contemplating when he stares off into space for hours-on-end? One may never find the answers to these questions, but if you enter this competition, at least everyone will know that you tried :D

And the Winners Are:

Grand Prize: battmeghs with 35 likes -- Prize: 22,000r and a fortune III pickaxe
    First Runner Up: FearlessWaffle with 30 likes -- Prize: 11,000r and a silktouch pickaxe
    Second Runner Up: SecretAznEks with 16 likes -- Prize: 11,000r
    Third Runner Up: SerialKicker with 14 likes -- Prize: 11,000r

Congratulations to the winners. I will send the prizes out shortly, and will set up chests on my Utopia residence, 5353 for the pickaxes. Thanks to everyone for making this a great contest :D

Voting for this competition is quite simple. The image with the most number of "likes" at the end of the voting period is the winner. The images with the next three highest votes will be the runners up. In the case of a tie, a run-off vote will be held to determine winners if necessary.

So go get your friends to come press like on your image! There are 4 large prizes to win and it only takes a moment to press like!

This contest is now closed to new entries.

Introducing a new EMC Competition:
    The Te of Pigmen and the Tao of Spider Jockeys

Criteria
    Players will submit images of themselves or another player (with their permission) in a meditative pose/setting - this could be any place you can think of in EMC! Maybe you like the roof of your building, maybe you have a favorite spot in the wild where you climb a tree, maybe.. just maybe it's on one of those dirt towers we see everywhere and you use it to get closer to the sun (surely that's the reason for them!). Images should be original work -- please respect other people's creations (or at least ask their permission). You may use Photo Shop/The Gimp/Your-image-editing-software-of-choice to enhance your image or add a caption, but it must be mostly a Minecraft screenshot.

How To
    The best method to take your image is:
    • Press the F1 key to turn off the HUD
    • Press the F5 key to select 3rd person view ( you can press it multiple times to switch between 1st person, 3rd person-behind and 3rd person-front )
    • Press the F2 key to take a screenshot (it will be saved into the screenshots folder of your Minecraft folder)
    • Post the image in this thread!
    (Mac users may need to press the Fn key at the same time as the F-keys)
    You may also get a friend to take the picture of you!

Voting
    Voting for this competition is quite simple. The image with the most number of "likes" at the end of the voting period is the winner. The images with the next three highest votes will be the runners up. In the case of a tie, a run-off vote will be held to determine winners if necessary.

Time Frame
    This contest will accept entries for one week. Entry period begins today, and will close on May 29th, 2012. After that, voting will be open for another week, after which the winners will be announced. The contest will end on June 5th, 2012.

Prizes :)
    The prizes will be awarded from a pool of donations. If you are interested in donating to this worthy competition, please contact me via private conversation or post to this thread. Current contributors:
    d1223m -- 5,ooor
    margaritte -- 5,000r
    MuffinCraft15 -- 10,000r
    Yamanqui -- 1 Silktouch Diamond Pickaxe and 1 Unbreaking III, Fortune III Diamond Pickaxe
    ZBSDKryten -- 20,000r
    theenigmaparadox -- 5,000r
    Grand Prize: Wins 40% of the total prize pool and a snazzy banner for their forum signature.
    Runners Up: Win 20% of the total prize pool and a snazzy banner for their forum signatures.

Banner Prize:

That's it -- now, go harness your chi, fire up your F2 key and get to shooping :D
  2. 2012-05-22_15.37.54.png
    I like to meditate behind the fan that powers my airship. It makes a lovely breeze which make meditating easier and allows you to ignore the outside world.

3. Best I have. Some caving

4. I like to meditate on my bridge leading to my wild home on my island early in the a.m. while it's raining.

(How's that for a run on sentence?)
  5. Ramona Flowers likes to meditate under flowing lava with her Ghast-ly friends.. :3 (...I think this one is the best because of the double Ghasts)
    Dreamytje, d1223m, ZBSDKryten and 5 others like this.
  6. 2012-05-22_23.50.18.png

l like to meditate at the top of the beach house I made at the Last Light Outpost wild community on smp7

(rudely edited by an admin so the picture is in the post)
  7. In my library :)
    2012-05-22_16.53.20.png
    Great idea for a contest btw!

(rudely edited by an admin so the picture is in the post)
    FearlessWaffle, d1223m and ZBSDKryten like this.
  8. heres me:

i knew building a giant version of my head would come in handy :p
  9. 2012-05-22_18.38.48.png
    Me meditating in front of War Door.
    I know its not good but i wanted to do somthin xD
  10. Practicing my taichi under a water fall.

2012-05-22_21.39.53.png

That is in my res.
  11. During the day you all know me as the wealthy, hotel mogul, philanthropist Butters89 from SMP6... but at night is a different story! I like to climb up to the sign on my First Hotel (SMP6 12142) and enjoy the sunset before I begin a nights work of fighting off villains!

12. This is my contest pic. my handmade neater @ my res 11206 on SMP5
    d1223m and ZBSDKryten like this.

13. In the fountain area of my res on smp 8
    pat2011, d1223m and ZBSDKryten like this.
  14. Sometimes, I go to my favorite tree in the SMP3 Wild and I watch the rain come down, feel the superheated lightning bolt next to me sear my Russian military uniform, and wonder what the chances are that I'll find diamonds on my next mining expedition.

15. Me and my mall <3
  16. 2012-05-23_19.51.51.png
    How relaxing is it in a MC sunset with 2 cute dogs looking up at you adorably.
    d1223m, ZBSDKryten and autumnrain26 like this.
  17. Opening my mind to the magic of the enchantment room :)

CaesarCelestian and d1223m like this.