[Contest] Story time with Deathtomb!

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by Deathtomb8953, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Count me in!
    1 leh! 2 leh! 3 leh! Ah ah ah!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. Let me guess a WILD GUESS - Apple

Jk Jk

You will really do - Potato

Jk Jk

I think I would say - Watermelon :D
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Can you add more space? Mine will take afew days to make...
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. He means space for the contestance. In addition your supposed to apply first then write your story to prevent all the spaces being taken
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. I can't properly formulate any words for how weird it is that there is no word limit to short stories.

Also, you should probably add a rule for plagiarism, because that's a potential issue.
    TigerstarMC, 607, ISMOOCH and 4 others like this.
  6. May I enter please.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. Sign me up! This magnificent contest will allow my literary skills to become sharpened like a freshly forged sword in a knight's hand, ready to strike out at my readers.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. Lol you had to give us and intro on your work :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. Good luck everyone!! Are you allowed to submit multiple entries?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. Do the story's have to meet all standards?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. Foolish knight, the pen is mightier than the sword!
    (Also, striking your readers generally won't win them over)
    607, Choongjae, Mirr0rr and 2 others like this.
  12. Sign me up! This magnificent contest will allow my literary skills to becomes sharpened like a freshly forged pen in a scribe's hand, ready to write out at my readers.

But seriously, DeathTomb, sign me up. I'm sure I can whip something up by June.
  13. I've been writing fanfiction for 3 years, ever since I was 18, I'll definitely enter into this. Although my usual stories are M rated, I can easily tone it down to meet these requirements.
    kuraudochuu likes this.
  14. I want to join, but I'm stupid and don't know how to enter my name XD
  15. I'll enter. Not the best writer but considering what is up for grabs I'll give it a shot!
  16. Cool, I can write stuff fun to read.

Questions:
    1. Wherever the story is published, will it be authored? That is, will people know when they read that story, that is was written by me?
    2. Can I also publish the same story myself at any time in any fashion I choose? Or do you have exclusive rights to it?

17. BTW where is it supposed to be placed; I got some of it written on the Notes app on iPhone. If its e-mail YES I SAFE
  18. I well annouce the private winner yes , and as for the 10 stories picked for public voting, once the voting is over the names of the authors will be stated to avoid as much as possible, people voting for the name over the story

to answer a bunce of question i would prefere you enter but starting convo but asking to enter via thread is fine, if i miss adding you please pm me.

I define short story as a few pages of text is fine anything that would take the average person 15-30 mins to read.

No it does not have to meet all the requirments but a good story normaly does and has a better chance of winning

And also i hope that keep the stories tided to EMC people/events it would cut out the possiblity of people copy other stories
    Mirr0rr likes this.
  19. I think I might enter this. I not much of an author but I can give it a shot.
    IK you said it could be as long or short as we like, but what would you personally recommend?
    I dont want it to be to short, but I also dont want to make the readers bored by making it to long.

For example would a few, regular sized papers, be to short, good, or to long?

Best of Luck to all of you who participate!
    The One Time Author,
    ~RebelSpartan0826
    Edit, Just saw you said a few pages of text so the question above about lengh is no longer needed to be answered
  20. I'm not going to win but still... count me in.