[CONTEST/RAFFLE] Piwi Advent Calendar 2017

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by 607, Dec 3, 2017.

?

Do you know what Advent (not necessarily literally) means ?

No, not really. 3 vote(s) 25.0%
Yes, I do. 9 vote(s) 75.0%
  1. Hi, it's me again!

This is now closed

Introduction
    At first I was going to have [CONTEST/RAFFLE] in the title, but this looks so much cleaner... :p
    This is my Piwi Advent Calendar!
    It will run from December 3rd to December 25th, inclusive. Yes, I read on Wikipedia that Advent Calendars tend to end at December 24th... but December 25th is Christmas, right? So why not have one last panel then? :p

How it works
    Every day I am going to post a picture here. That picture is part of a big picture. Kind of like a jigsaw puzzle. The objective is to get the whole picture again. You could print the pieces and make the puzzle IRL, but that would seem very expensive in terms of ink and paper, and you should probably also shrink all the pieces then (but equally), as the full picture is fairly large. But I'd recommend something else -and thanks to Tom for helping me come up with this. Had to Google Drive, and make a new drawing (click the big NEW button, hover over More and select Google Drawings). Then, click File, and select Page setup.... Change Standard 4:3 into Custom, Centimetres into Pixels and input something very big like 6000x4000 pixels. Why, you might ask? Well, if you insert an image and it doesn't quite fit, Google Drawings automatically shrinks it. This will make you unable to complete the puzzle, as the pieces will differ in size. So there should be plenty of room for Google to fit the new pieces you add. Now just add the new piece every day (or do multiple at a time, of course, but it doesn't seem too fun to wait until December 25th ;)) and you can drag the pieces around. Remember you can also zoom in. Check the View tab if you can't figure out how. Due to how Google Drawings works, there will be small seams in-between the individual pieces, if you try to place them next to each-other. This is a good thing, as this will make it easier to recognise the individual pieces. Besides, I made a few minor mistakes while cutting the pieces, so it wouldn't fit perfectly anyway. :p

How to win
    Don't share your progress with anyone. I mean, you can totally post on the thread commenting on how you're doing, but don't share your Google Drawing with anyone else. Once you've finished the puzzle, share the Google Drawing with 607.filler@gmail.com. On December 28th, I'll enter everyone who completed the puzzle and shared it with me into a raffle. Three people will be selected to win. I did also consider letting the first three people win, but that would be unfair when taking time zones or time with family into account.

What you'll win
    The three selected winners will each receive an identical written book, by me. This book may be transferred ownership, if you so desire. This is only the second time I've freely given away written books, the previous time being at my 4000 posts milestone.

Have fun!
  2. Here's the first piece!

ChristmasTower likes this.
  3. On this one, you can see I made a little mistake while cutting. :oops: I even tried to fix it, but it didn't work out too well. :p

4. Why haven't I seen this thread before? I'll have a closer look see later today, this looks like fun!

(edit)

Isn't that one character a Barbapappa? :p
    607 likes this.
  5. I doubt it. :p It's from a Dutch creator, though!
  6. I feel like not many people are following this yet... should I add [CONTEST/GIVEAWAY] in after all?...
    Anyway:

ShelLuser and ChristmasTower like this.
  7. I didn't get to post yesterday's... here it is, though, and it contains a lot of interesting stuff, I think!

8. Im going to try to do this. I've got all the pics on google drawings.
    607 likes this.
  9. Great! :D
    I think pieces will start fitting onto other pieces some time soon. ;)

Tbird1128 likes this.
  10. IT IS COMING TOGETHER!!!! :D
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  11. Like yeah, I'm commenting on this since you thought not a lot of people cared. It's probably the opposite, just not much to talk about until all the pieces have been revealed.
    607 likes this.
  12. I have over have put together :rolleyes:
    WintersRevenge likes this.
  13. What?
  14. Auto correct I hate you. Half not have :eek:
    607 likes this.