[Contest][Finished] 50,000 Rupee Giveaway!

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by wonderwoman_16, Jan 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winner is number 16! Congrats, paid and items given! :)
    sam3984 and AyanamiKun like this.
  2. i think Elfin wanted u 2 PM him ^.^

im online now and seems player is not banned & active, so should be good. but i know Elfin from shelly's stories and im sure he will check 2 make sure it all went ok this time. next time pls pay more attention to this stuff ^.^
    607 likes this.
  3. If the contest is to guess her favorite number then it's pretty fishy that the first "conclusion" said that #51 was the winner via random.org..
    UltiPig, kaptrix and AyanamiKun like this.
  4. i agree. but she also said that if no one got number shed pick number closest to it. kitty can do silly stuff, but i dont believe that she would scam ppl. im also pretty sure other ppl are gonna check this ^.^
  5. "Number closest to it".

1-50 were completely full. The OP also says the number is definitely in between 1-50.

For 51 to be the "favorite" number would go against the guidelines in OP, as well as choosing it via random.org (let's not forget about 51 being edited in last minute).
  6. So, the contest is over? Darn, I was hoping to enter. Six months late is better than never, right?
    UltiPig, jkjkjk182, Sachrock and 3 others like this.
  7. Bit late because I was running an event, but I will confirm that the request was followed in full.
    jkjkjk182, Mob_Meal, sam3984 and 2 others like this.
  8. iwould like number 22 please! thnks for the contest
  9. dang, #20 pls
  10. this is over, as far as i know :p
  11. That number is taken
    So is that one.

You might want to read the OP instead of skimming it for the words "giveaway" and "comment a numer from [ ]
    to [ ]" before commenting, and also this giveaway ended 6 months ago :)
    607 likes this.
  12. If if is confirmed that this has been completed, can we please lock this thread then?
    sam3984 and ScufIsAOriginal like this.
  13. I don't mean to nitpick, but I see random "edit" text in many of her posts, and they don't match the usual cookie cutter staff edit text. I don't believe that the post actually was edited by staff, I believe that something like this is just added in for dramatic effect.

I know it is not my place to know, as I am not staff, but if a staff member could confirm that this actually was edited by staff, I would highly appreciate it. As of now, I know that I am by far not the only one who thinks that people are using these types of things to look like a victim for pity points. It also could be argued that this is a form of staff impersonation, albeit very minor. But, minor, unchecked habits/crimes usually lead to bigger problems down the line.

Edit: Also, I was under the impression that BearInATux was her brother. If so, doesn't the earlier "winner" picking potentially violate the scamming rules?
    UltiPig, xHaro_Der, Dufne and 3 others like this.
  14. Seconded. Normally staff removes as little as possible, as far as I know they limit themselves to the offending text.

What difference would it make?

Personally I don't see the added value. If you don't believe this to be staff edited then you've formed your opinion already. If you do believe this to be real then I guess you'll have another opinion.

Sure, I agree that most of Kitty's threads tend to become, hmm, quite chaotic sometimes. I can well understand that some players might get a little annoyed but to be honest most of the time I can't help but grin and laugh about it. Seeking attention with texts like that? Perhaps.

I think a more important question is: is this causing drama (which is covered by the rules)? Well, to be honest I'm not quite sure about that one, obviously also not my call to make.

No offense here but you do realize that if you hadn't brought this up then most players would have probably totally ignored this...
  15. Still i dont understand how if i entered before the 30 spots being taken, how did i end up at 50? It literally means i had 0% cahnce of not being able to win(as the other 31-50 numbers), but since i entered the top 30, is should be between them... Thats just a small rant..
    Edit: i was entry #31(i aint complaining; i just found interesting how i jumped from 31 to 50
    Anyway congratz to winner, and i think it would be better to close thread to lessen confusion
    ShelLuser likes this.
  16. I can confirm that she did pay the full 50k, the vault voucher and the diamonds.
    ShelLuser, BenMA, 607 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Hi jkjkjk, from what I can see on my end, there was a rude post on the thread which was quoted by wonderwoman. The rude post itself was deleted, so a staff member edited the quote out of wonderwoman's post and put that in there.

As for the previous winner, we can confirm it was not a fair ruling which is why we did the re-roll. As Sam has said, he has now received the money and items, so the contest is now completed. I can confirm that it has now been completed fairly, as ElfinPineapple has checked.
  18. The only difference it would make is that some of us could actually trust what she says. :p I am much more likely to positively engage (versus an appropriate criticism/neutral post) with a player if I feel I can trust them. This is not only through the forums, but through donations or support via other means.

Yes, I know most people would have ignored this if I hadn't brought it up. But I figured that it would be community constructive to bring up, even if it caused a small bit of drama. Either outcome would benefit everyone, and it seems the better one has. Moving forward, the idea that HKR writes fake staff posts shouldn't be as prevalent, even if it is an idea that is rarely voiced.
    This is good to know. :D
    FDNY21 likes this.
  19. Everybody, the giveaway has ended. I would not like people to posting in this thread, thank you. It will be closed hopefully.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  20. Considering how the winner has been re-rolled and given their prizes, and the event has taken place in full, I will now close the thread, as per request.
    sam3984, 607, BenMA and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.